Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas, I need a little help here.

I need to somehow convince my fiance that she needs to conceal carry. I have my liscense, my fiance LOVES to go target shooting. She's WAY better shot than I with a 22 ( She doesnt really care for large caliber stuff )..

Lately, we have been having a rash of robbery's in the area, I read a lot of stories about bad shit going down..I dont want her carrying a desert eagle or anything but I simply do not feel that she is safe by her self when out. I would probably buy her a small frame revolver and special carry purse. I just need to somehow convince her to carry. WITHOUT going crazy and having someone Mock attack us.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Maybe take her to see a defense instructor. They can be rather persuasive.

·
Registered
13,536 Posts
Is she interested in doing it? I have to go with BIG CAT on this one. If she's not really into it, trying to persuade her could end up being a mistake.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Like the others stated, pressuring your significant other isn't a good idea. However, the TWO of you enrolling in self-defense training is a good idea and a nice relationship strengthener. If you already know a good deal about defending yourself, keep that to yourself. She'll be more open to taking the class if you're there next to her and those skills will be waaaaaayy more valuable in your daily life than being a good shot -might-. Just some $0.02 thinkin', good luck! (And congratulations on the coming nuptials!)

---==Temio Williams
Yuba City, CA

·
Premium Member
102,308 Posts
From a police officer point of view,teach her certain words to say if she doesn't want to carry. Instead of yelling "help" teach her to yell "fire" no one comes running when they hear "help" but she will get the calvary if she yells "fire".

·
Registered
853 Posts
talk to her about it. she may be uncomfortable with carrying or not willing to take some ones life. if she cant pull the trigger she is probably safer with out it.

I agree. Might get her in more trouble than its worth. You need to be convinced in your own mind to carry. Also, staging a mock attack might cause you more grief than its worth.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I agree with all of the aforementioned. Some people refuse to defend their own life. It bothers me, but that is the way they are wired up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts