Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3300 # car with a 383 small block chevy , turbo 350 trans and a 4500 rpm convertor, 4.56 gears and 27 10.50 slicks. My question is that my MPH for the RPM I am turning at the traps seeems low.The car has run a 12.44 @ 107 with a 1.641 60 foot time.When I cross the traps the RPM is about 7200. This seems like about a 16% loss in the convertor and or trans. Also the flash stall seems low mabey around 3500. Not sure what i am missing here, I was hoping for mid 11s out of the car.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
If the numbers are right, you should see ~6,100rpm @ 107. So, as you know it is way off. Without knowing anything about the age/history of the tranny and converter, I'd guess a converter problem. I would say it's time for a converter rebuild. May as well look at the tranny while it's out to. One the converter goes bad, it often hurts the tranny as well and it need to be cleaned out in any case.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car has been apart for ten years, the whole drivetrain is different than the last time it went down the track. I guess I'll send it back and have them cut it apart....bummer. I would not have thought it would get torn that quick. Mabey this will solve the "missing" horsepower I have been looking for in the engine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts