Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running a 4300lb 440 charger with a dynamic 9 1/2 3000 stall convertor , cam is 108 lsa , best 60ft on nitrous is 1.7 , got a guy that runs the same car , only difference being the convertor stalls @ 2800 & the cam is ground on a 112 , he gets 1.5 60 fts , i seem to catch him up mid track & achieve a better ET , 11.01 opposed to his 11.2 ET.

I was under the immpression the higher stall convertor would get the motor off the line quicker , am i missing something?

Both run 4:10 rear gears & tyres.

I realise you may not be able to answer this with the limited info i've given , but thought you might shed some light on it , as i'm thinking of changing the convertor back to a 2800 stall.

TIA.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Running a 4300lb 440 charger with a dynamic 9 1/2 3000 stall convertor , cam is 108 lsa , best 60ft on nitrous is 1.7 , got a guy that runs the same car , only difference being the convertor stalls @ 2800 & the cam is ground on a 112 , he gets 1.5 60 fts , i seem to catch him up mid track & achieve a better ET , 11.01 opposed to his 11.2 ET.

I was under the immpression the higher stall convertor would get the motor off the line quicker , am i missing something?

Both run 4:10 rear gears & tyres.

I realise you may not be able to answer this with the limited info i've given , but thought you might shed some light on it , as i'm thinking of changing the convertor back to a 2800 stall.

TIA.
I think the cam is the factor here, his 112 is making nuts out of the hole better than your 108. This is why you are reeling him in, as the 108 pulls harder in the top once you get the rpms up.

Another factor is, if hes making more power in the launch, his stall will flash higher as well, due to more power than you at lower rpm.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks , got the motor out anyhow , also got a JW 2800 stall vertor sitting there , should i go ahead & sling it in? , will it cause a slower ET? , spose i'll have to fit it & find out.

Tis a science in it's own right this convertor buisness.

8)

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
Difficult question to answer. Im sure your 9.5" converter stalls much higher than 3000 with the nitrous on. Are you sure you don't have a traction issue?

Hutch

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No spinning off the line , just hooks & goes , motor does'nt seem to rpm that much maybe 3400 rpm , will try it with the new cam & see what happens , can't stretch to a new vertor @ the moment.

Thanks for the replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts