Yellow Bullet Forums banner

convertor/gear recommendations

859 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  camaroracer1992 
#1 ·
i have a 355 procharged combo putting out 625 rwhp@6600 rpm and 515 ft lbs torque at 5300 rpms. My qtr mile time was a 11.00@129mph. I wouldve thought at least my mph wouldve been higher because of the hp. The car weighs approx 3500 with me in it. My rpms through the traps was 6650 rpm. I have a th400 with a 3.89 rear gear and 28" tall tires. The convertor is approx a 2800 stall. With the rpms/tire/gear it calculates to a 10% slippage roughly.

I dont have any experience launching the car what so ever as this is my first supercharged car so i know i lost a bunch of time as i only had a 1.744 60' time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Well 129mph is enough power to go WAY faster then 11.00. Yes the 1.74 60' is real slow for that much power. The converter looks like it's absolutely killing it. It might be crossing the finish line a little under where you would normally want it, but it looks like it's down in the begining. If you pick up the bottom end, it might get the RPM up at the finish line enough to not need a gear swap...

#4 ·
i was foot braking it and it stalls out about 2800. i have a transbrake but it doesnt stall much higher (3grand at best).

I called trans specialties and they recommended a 3500-3800 stall because a higher stall may be too much and i get too much slippage on the top end. I also recommended to go to 4.11 gears as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.