Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 full bodied mustang, 331 W single turbo engine. leaving the line on 10 psi boost ramping to 20 in 5 seconds it runs [email protected] mph. this is on c16 with w/a cooler in the car. this is with a fast classic ecu, a weldon elec fuel pump and 8 x 160lb injectors.

I am toying with the idea of converting to methanol, and pulling out the w/a cooler which sits inside the car, this will remove about 10 ft of 4 inch cooler piping plus the cooler , the water pump and tank and other associated weight.

I realise the methanol will need much more flow. I am wondering what size injectors I would need, I rather not fit 2 inj per cylinder because if 1 inj fails it will run that cyl lean as opposed to shut it down.
Also is there any elec pump up to the task ? or do I have to go mechanical ? if mechanical, how does that work with the efi fuel rail for starting and so on ?
If mechanical then I have to mount the tank up the front ? I rather not as I need as much weight at the back.

Also I don't want to spend our national debt if possible on this conversion !
The car has dash 12 from tank to pump and dash 10 up the car to a Y piece and then into each rail.

Any help / info / advice would be great :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
ive used a small elect pump just to prime the fuel system with pressure but crank the eng a bit to get oil press and you will generally get fuel up to the rail.
id go straight to mech fuel pump
tank location, id put it up front, but i have seen it work well with the tank in the back still.
for injectors get a set of 225# atomizers and add them to your 160# and your set to go

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want to have 2 sets of injectors. but do like to keep the tank at the rear.
Would a mechanical weldon pump draw from the rear ?
the moran 500lb injectors seems to be the ones ??
Any ideas ?

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Cable driven waterman rear mounted pump is about the only way to go given the parameters you've set forth. Moran has a 3xx lb/hr injector too. That might be enough to feed you motor. Just gotta do the math and see.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I don't want to have 2 sets of injectors. but do like to keep the tank at the rear.
Would a mechanical weldon pump draw from the rear ?
the moran 500lb injectors seems to be the ones ??
Any ideas ?
There went the bank, I just got a set with the fuel filter that will be needed. Just a little over 3 grand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts