Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at what point did you decide to make your fast street car a track only car or very limited street?

im at that point now....im tired of dumping money into keeping the car street legal(inspections), spending money on creature comfort stuff, AC, Power steering etc....

what made you convert to race only or very limited street?

·
3,084 Posts
I had some old bastard in a Caddy run a stop light and damn near t-bone my car after it was painted and mini-tubbed, caged and whole nine. it woulda totaled the car and beat my wife and I's heads off the 10-point...at that point I said "fuck it" and honestly it just wasn't as fun as it used to be. It made me nervous all the time when it was on the street. I then bought a couple stock GT's and a new Mach1 for street toys, now I drive a 98 V6 mustang because its cheap and I can spend more money on racing.
I guess I just feel like I "outgrew" the street car scene, but I think my prioritys just shifted toward racing.

·
Registered
920 Posts
pretty much right after I started taking it to the track. Even when it was slow. i hate street racing. I also can't stand the idea of some dumbass crashing into my pride and joy.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
with as fucked up as the roads are here in Michigan it ain't even worth having a nice street car, plus them boy's that are supposed to protect and serve are all about generating revenue and screw giving them a easy target. It's far better to just have the car as a racecar.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
When I got tired of replacing spider gears and put in a spool.........

·
Under Construction
4,026 Posts
I bought my car new (see sig. "00" SS) and started three months after I bought it on doing performance mods to it, after a few years and the car not having any a/c, heat, radio, airbags, or legal exhaust, having installed a 8pt cage, 12 bolt w/spool, and numerious other things is pretty much when I decided to take it off the road. I also felt like if another person had hit my car on a public road Id have gone to jail from the beating that I would have gave whomever it was that was in that car. Besides, I made more money bracket racing the car than I spent getting into trouble with it on the street too lol

·
Boosted Fredneck
2,419 Posts
Was scared of getting pulled over last few times I drove it on the street, bought another Z28 to drive & leave stock.

·
Registered
968 Posts
IMO it depends on the year of the car (depending on where you live), how fast you wanna go, and the size of your balls. some guy's are willing to street drive their 6-7-8 second cars, some arent.

·
pist'n Broke
20,943 Posts
all mine were daily drivers.... it was at the point i could afford a truck (daily driver) and trailer...

i was also tired of always having to spend half my paycheck to fix them ...

·
Philippians 4:13
2,922 Posts
When I hit my head on the cage getting into it, then I realized that a funny car cage on the street might not be a good thing if you ever get in a wreck on the road.

·
Capri For Sale
12,976 Posts
Personally I'll never own another track only car. A lot of people can own a car that does a lot of sitting, not me. I like riding around in mine.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I don't wanna pay insurance on all them so thats why mine are not. Plus the fact that in a old hotrod you get the urge to play with the skinny petel and I don't want a ticket. I have my z28 and my pickup to drive on the street, the mustangs and the maverick will be trailered in

1 - 20 of 26 Posts