Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new SBF rear engine 4 linkdragster with a 6500 stall PG and it won't go past 3800 flash on test stands. Stator tube not broken already checked, engine is fresh from dyno and put in dragster and numbers sent from dyno session to converter company. Variables could be me putting engine in dragster and ignition being flaky but car still ran a decent number after the dismal 60'. Converter is in a box on it's way back to where it came from for a checkup but maybe could be checking other things while I wait. Timing is set and doesn't seem the box has any retards 7530T MSD.

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
If you are flashing it correctly...then I would say somebody screwed up and sent you the wrong one.

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
I'll ask the stupid question, but you're sure you do not have the launch RPM limit accidently set at 3800 in the MSD?

If he is flashing it on stands...then I would be looking at the burnout limit. No transbrake involved w/ flashing.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys was a busted jesel lash adjuster pushrod dislodged and jammed running on 7 cylinders and tore up some parts. Still ran decent on seven with #4 intake closed. Could have been disaster pushrod jammed in head and lash adjuster piece nicely sitting in head. Valvetrain geometry seems f up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts