Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my junk, chassis car 3000lbs going down track. m/t et streets(33.3" rated height)bbc 750-800 hp with a 275 shot of nitrous.th400 with 9" converter.4.11 gear. on transbrake it comes up to 3600 rpms. have wired in so at release, all nitrous comes in the big shot plate on hit. i havent looked at my tach coming thru the beams with a 275 shot yet but i only ran a few mph faster than i did with a 175 shot. and the 175 shot went thru beams right at 7000 rpms. that i did see. on motor only goes 9.74,[email protected] rpms. on a 175 shot it went [email protected] 7000 rpms and on the 275 it went [email protected] but car was skating all the way down so perhaps i gave up a few mph.i imagine 8.44 pass i was prob at 7500 perhaps,like i said i didnt take eyes off track.:rolleyes:

best 60ft to date was a 1.20 . which was on a 225 shot.granted i only have about 6 nitrous runs on engine, but with my tire, jason on the tire forum says my tire will grow about 1 to 1.5" @ my speed, so it seems like im really blowing thru my converter. what you guys think?

oh also i have a 2 step i just found in a box, heard maybe not a good idea with a nitrous set up....what are thoughts on that too?

·
Super Moderator
19,480 Posts
I would not say your doing too bad. On the 8.65 pass the converter is around 8% but without knowing exactly the rpm on the 8.44 pass I can't say for sure but I really doubt the extra 100 hp made the converter cross 500rpm higher. If it did , it needs work.

Since the converter only allows the motor to get to 3600 rpm , the 2 step may not do much unless you want to leave at 3500 or less.

Hutch

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks sofar hutch! its a tighter 9" converter cause of nitrous. i have heard mixed thoughts of using a 2 step with a nitrous set up so i am a little scared, but some say it isnt a problem dropping cylinders on the transbrake then letting go of button and dumping in the spray...what is your take hutch?

·
Super Moderator
19,480 Posts
So you are on the transbrake with the nitrous activated? Do you not use a relay system that turns on the nitrous the moment you release the transbrake button?

Hutch

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol sorry for confusion. only spraying when off brake. using 2 relay method.pulls timing when nitrous comes in at the release of t-brake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts