6,046 Posts
Home depot galvanized. :rolleyes:

Grade 8 all the way... 8)

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ARP

Looked on ARP's website.....i need a 1.500 7/16-20 with locking nut. The longest they have is `1.250.

·
www.PelechBrosRacing.com
4,000 Posts
Looked on ARP's website.....i need a 1.500 7/16-20 with locking nut. The longest they have is `1.250.

Call ARP and talk to someone over there. They have tons & tons of stuff that isn't in the catalog.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
The nyloc or plastic insert locknuts are not well suited for the converter. The heat transfers , melts the plastic and they are no longer a lock nut. Use the swedged steel lock nuts would be my suggestion. I use a grade 8bolt with enough shoulder so the threads are not in the bore of the holes. RM

·
T/S 368E
33,634 Posts
i use a fine thread grade 8 bolt,
Same, plus red loctite. Personally I just get them from the store. That way you can get any length.
ARP aren't that much better, especially on a shear load??

·
Super Moderator
19,736 Posts
Gr8 fine thread bolts with a precision ground washer against the head of the bolt. Then use another precision washer then a stover C nut and assemble with oil on the converter side. Then you can check the torque after the first few passes and tighten them, after a few retorques they will stay tight. If you use loctite you will not be able to tell if they are coming loose (false sense of tight) unless you break the loctite first.

Hutch

1 - 17 of 17 Posts