Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a procharged, drag radial combination...i run a neal chance converter 9" with the tightest stator marty gave me...i ran only 2 events this year in the dead heat...car was dropping 1300 on the shift and being lazy out of the gate helping consistency in the heat while winning both races...my car ran 8.39 @167 with a measly 1.40 60 foot in the heat at the grove

Now with all that being said i go to 1320x this weekend at the valley and the track was insane GLUE! the track was rock solid and cool out...my car was such a pig it 60 footed 1.58 with no delay or timing retard and took forvever to accellerate to 8000 rpm and it dropped1800rpm and only went 7000 at the trap and the car was soo sluggish only ran 9.0 @154 16 down from my best mph

Im going to put the looser stator in and feel the car should come back...i did all tests on the engine and all was fine..

i never thought a converter being to tight can actually make my engine not accelerate

·
Registered
662 Posts
With the converter being too tight, not only will it not let the engine excelerate, but it's probably dropping too much boost on the gear change as well. I think that you are doing the right thing by putting the looser stator in it. Depending on the duration of your camshaft, I generally build the converters to see about 900 to 1,000 rpms on the drop.

Like Hutch said.....air quality, comparable conditions from previous runs, and other issues can prevent you from previous e.t.'s.

Tony Akins
Morace Motorsports
(251)-971-1556

1 - 3 of 3 Posts