Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My converter company wats me to put 150 miles on the converter before letting loose with the car. Well the car isnt much of a street car even thought it has tags, can the converter be sent off for break-in on a converter dyno? are they able to simulate street load and such? and who could do it?

·
Super Moderator
19,711 Posts
Not sure what would need to break in? If its a race part (sounds like you have a race car) I would say there should be no break in. Get it up to operating temperature and put it through its paces.

Hutch

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a yank, and he said its got some special lining??? IDK, I have the sheet with the converter at home i can snap a pic of and post

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its not a lock up (th-350), but this is what it says...

Yank converters have a special clutch lining material that requires a special break in procedure. This procedure consists of: Driving the converter at normal speed with NO WOT starts or brake stalling the converter for aprox. 150 miles. Stall checking or Brake stalling will severely damage the clutch lining if converter is not broken in properly. THIS WILL VOID ANY WARRANTY.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I think they put that in every box. It applies to a lockup converter. There is no clutches in a t-350 non lockup converter.
But it might have the "good" cast rings! lol!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shit all this talk of sealing rings got me scared lol, i need a lesson in converters and transmissions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts