Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,091 Posts
Hutch has a nice set up. Try posting this in the trans section. You'll probably get a reply from him directly.

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
I think the one I am linking is for 400. I made my own for glide and just dump down to the pan. That valve is fairly common tool.

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Forgot to paste the link. This one is glide, but not the way I plumbed mine. Mine t's into the cooler line.

I believe I got the idea from Mr Honk to give credit where credit is due. I believe I ebay'ed the valve. But I can't find it in my history so it may have been Amazon.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot to paste the link. This one is glide, but not the way I plumbed mine. Mine t's into the cooler line.

I believe I got the idea from Mr Honk to give credit where credit is due. I believe I ebay'ed the valve. But I can't find it in my history so it may have been Amazon.
I was looking at the HUGHES kit hp 6217-2

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,372 Posts
who's converter dump valve kit are you using with a power glide?
PROS & CONS

You first have to define if you just want to dump cooler pressure for a small rise in rpm, or if you require a large rise in rpm you need a kit that dumps fluid before the converter.

With a powerglide and a ringless input shaft, the cooler line dumps are not always very effective at raising rpm.

I truly don't think there is a "best", I think you just have to call whomever you are comfortable with and discuss how loose you are looking to get the converter on the transbrake. Both Pete at Hugh's and Hutch will know exactly what it takes to get what you are looking for.

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Honk has a good point. I went external and I have rings. Im tightening my converter this winter a couple hun, but I don't think it will affect me. It falls back to 7100 now and two step is 5000 or less usually. Light car. I prefer to keep it loaded above peak torque, as the tuning is a little more forgiving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts