Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a drama here..installed trans and converter and measured my clearance[with converter push all way into pump]between it and flexplate..figurered out how thick spacers i needed..gave that measurement to PTC for them to build spacers and weld onto my pads and extend pilot same amount..they called a few days after they got it and kept asking my midplate thickness..i informed them that verter came out of another car it was built for that had midplate and that i needed spacers the thickness that i came up with..long story short they decided that they would make spacers same thickness as my mid plate;;;guess what?i now have no clearances at all..can;t even turn converter except i had pads on verter land between pads on flex plate so only move back and forward between holes..got to pull all back out now...i don't want to send back to them again..between shipping cost and them not putting the size spacers i told them i needed i just don't want to deal with them again...

how can i go about cutting off 1/8" off pads and pilot myself or if i'm not able too where and what kind of machine is needed to do it?

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
call the guys at ptc!!!! if they screwed up they will make it right!! they can send u a ups call tag( witch pays the shipping cost on there end) and get u fixed up..... kenny or lane will make it happen...... good luck...

·
Super Moderator
19,474 Posts
If you have to get it done , take it to someone who has a lathe and you should be able to cut an 1/8" off the pads if there is material there to remove. I would expect the manufacturer will help you out in this situation , they are a stand up company.

Hutch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts