Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a PTC converter i had pad spacers welded on at PTC..they sent me 6 bolts and 3 nuts..my converter has 3 pads that is thearded and 3 that is not..on the 3 pads that i use bolts and nuts on..do i need lock washers between pad and nut?or just use red loc-tight?or should i get self locking nuts?also should i be using flat washers between bolt head and flex plate? also on the 3 pads that is theaded what should i do there?

·
Super Moderator
19,473 Posts
Always use GR8 flat washers between the bolt heads and flexplate. Even better to use nice ARP washers at that location. The same applies on the nut and bolt hardware but I like to see stover C locking nuts with the bolts just using oil to put them together then after the first 2 runs , retorque then forget about it. If you use loctite you have to break it loose to retorque making it useless.

Hutch

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Always use GR8 flat washers between the bolt heads and flexplate. Even better to use nice ARP washers at that location. The same applies on the nut and bolt hardware but I like to see stover C locking nuts with the bolts just using oil to put them together then after the first 2 runs , retorque then forget about it. If you use loctite you have to break it loose to retorque making it useless.

Hutch
Thanks Hutch;;should i use flat washers on nut side also?what should they br tourq to?[7/16" nf]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts