Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of mine wants to install his BBC Crower "Stagger-Tube" type injector on his street car using E.F.I. . I have seen this many times at car shows n stuff, but now I need to start getting info to do it for him. I saw a hemi Hilborn EFI conversion recently that used individual injector lines (instead of fuel rails) and liked it a lot.
(not sure if his is a Mag or Aluminum Casting)

·
Confused Racer
41,626 Posts
I looked into this already for one of my customers it was right around 9K. Kinsler can do it for you. we ended up keeping the mechanical.(our casting is magnesium)

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
Blower Drive Service has all that you will need.

larger image

·
Registered
730 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is the type conversion I kinda like. Is that Mag or Alum? What ECU should be used and on a street car, what flow injector ? (60 psi system ?)

John Capps Sr.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also wish to know who makes the adapter-blocks from individual efi injectors to fuel lines, is it nec to run an O2 sensor as well as tps, baro/map, air & eng temps and rpm? Does the system need a MPH speed sensor as well. I know that is a bunch of questions, but this sounds like a very fun project.

John Capps Sr.

·
Confused Racer
41,626 Posts
Also wish to know who makes the adapter-blocks from individual efi injectors to fuel lines, is it nec to run an O2 sensor as well as tps, baro/map, air & eng temps and rpm? Does the system need a MPH speed sensor as well. I know that is a bunch of questions, but this sounds like a very fun project.

John Capps Sr.
you only need a 02 if you run it closed loop. You need a map, tps, cts, iat and maybe a iac. MPH sensor is nice on street cars so you can get the idle follower to know that the car is moving. If you need power brake vacuum you will need to make a manifold. If your intake is still stock with the single shafts you will also need to get the shafts spilt into pairs so you can get it to idle nice. If its a true cruiser you can put a 4l80 in it and get the computer to control that also. ECM make can be anything you want lots of choices out there for that.

·
On the roller...
15,881 Posts
I tuned a Bucket T once that the owner made his own system running individual lines and some really old Haltech PCM that ran in MSDOS. It was pretty different...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't seen the injector yet, but he may have split the shafts. I saw a nice vac manifold on a hemi that looked like another set of fuel lines on the inboard side of each tube, slick. Haven't cosidered the IAC thing.., nice Idea.
Thanks for the input so fast & I will delve into the project and prob be back for more info...!!!
John Capps Sr.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts