Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i run a 565 chevy in a fox body mustang on a radial 3100 pounds 2 foggers. i have been 8.10 170 124 60 on 315. want to step up a little, cant afford bid chiefs or a new motor. i have real old casting dart 360, and an out of the box brodix sonnys manifols. can i get any faster with a better conventinal head with out going to big chiefs? what is the baddest conventianal head for my combo?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I am making around 1.78 hp./ci. with Curtis's Conventional heads on a 615 with only 14 to 1 compression and I left 30 hp. on the table until the first off season break by not ponying up for his intake porting at the time.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How big of a jet are you running in each system ??? You may be able to save a bunch of money for now and just buy more jets ??? ;) SJ
hitting it kinda hard. had a 24 in the first, and a 34 in the second. just put 28 in the first, 60 foot is better, but et and mph stays the same. just didnt know if it was worth putting a better convetinal head on it or not. four spread on both systems, 6 pounds of fuel pressure, 14 degrees of total timing on both kits. plugs look new comming out, but man i need a tenth. want a 799 so bad!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
looking at the et, mph and the pill sizes, i would look in the torque converter having some power left in there. that setup should be 5.0s to 5.teens in the 1/8 at 136 to 142 mph. at weight.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looking at the et, mph and the pill sizes, i would look in the torque converter having some power left in there. that setup should be 5.0s to 5.teens in the 1/8 at 136 to 142 mph. at weight.
i thought maybe it was the convertor, but it picks up 36 mph from the eight to the quarter. good for a nitrous car i think. best it has gone in the eighth is 5.21, 1.240 60. sixty is good, but weak to the eight. and the eighth mile time matches the quarter kinda close, so the convertor must be close. got to call i guess

1 - 9 of 9 Posts