Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fired off my fogger with my new daggers on my stock suspension S/10 332n 28 f pulling 14 from 36total truck leaves with wheels about a foot off the ground but it will not sit down it will steadt climb until i let off the button i was wondering if i could control it with a digital box or would progresive be better i dont want to hammer the solonoids here is a video the power of the fogger is amazing i can take some bite out of it with the bars they have adjustments for hit- pinion angle any suggestion appreciated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg0o0vQ83Mw the video is a little long it took the rock forever to stage

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
18,065 Posts
Everette, I know what you mean.

I can do this:

Which nets me low 9.30's. And with the next pass with NO changes it can do this:

Kinda catches you by suprise at times!

I am putting wheelie bars on the car for the rare occasion it needs them. Will do a progressive later if need be.

I see why people buy the good Digital 7's so they can pull timing out to control torque and bring it back in so they can make smooth, quick runs!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how many people are using the digatal 7 to do this but how bad does it hurt the 60ft i think if i can keep it down it will run a good number ant suggestion anyone have a line on edelbrock controller which is better box or controller or use the plate to 60ft or put another fogger for small hit

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looked damn near perfect to me. Tie each side down about 1/2 to 1 " less travel

I fired off my fogger with my new daggers on my stock suspension S/10 332n 28 f pulling 14 from 36total truck leaves with wheels about a foot off the ground but it will not sit down it will steadt climb until i let off the button i was wondering if i could control it with a digital box or would progresive be better i dont want to hammer the solonoids here is a video the power of the fogger is amazing i can take some bite out of it with the bars they have adjustments for hit- pinion angle any suggestion appreciated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg0o0vQ83Mw the video is a little long it took the rock forever to stage

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
what box are you running now? how about bottle psi? on the 7-3la you can pull a little extra timing on launch, hook one of the extra retard ports up on a timer or a button to grab incase to wheel stand gets to high, you can still ride on the pass. front ends limiters, rear shock adjustments can increase wheel speed some, can change lanuch rpms some. there are several ways to help with out spending big bucks on a dig/7. good luck, nice piece.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
how many people are using the digatal 7 to do this but how bad does it hurt the 60ft i think if i can keep it down it will run a good number ant suggestion anyone have a line on edelbrock controller which is better box or controller or use the plate to 60ft or put another fogger for small hit
Well at the first race of this year I looked at the moon twice,all the way on the rear bumper cover.I use the launch retard feature and pull 16 degrees for 1.75 seconds I can tell you it will not 60 any better than a 1.31 which is hurting me on a limited pill.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well at the first race of this year I looked at the moon twice,all the way on the rear bumper cover.I use the launch retard feature and pull 16 degrees for 1.75 seconds I can tell you it will not 60 any better than a 1.31 which is hurting me on a limited pill.
im pulling 14 degrees on the fogger does the timing from the launch retard also come out for the 1.75 someone said i could ramp the timing out and ramp it back in my girlfriend works at advance i can get the digital 7 with data with her discount for 700.00 and some change or would a progresive be better i can get an edelbrock from a friend for 200.00 or do i need both

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
id spend 200, try it and if it doesnt work , you could easily get your money back. the 700,if you got it ,thats a deal too.the progressive should work though.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
im pulling 14 degrees on the fogger does the timing from the launch retard also come out for the 1.75 someone said i could ramp the timing out and ramp it back in my girlfriend works at advance i can get the digital 7 with data with her discount for 700.00 and some change or would a progresive be better i can get an edelbrock from a friend for 200.00 or do i need both
Yes what ever you are pulling for the nitrous will be pulled for the entire run,also the timing on the launch retard will be added on top of that.It ramps it in over the 1.75 seconds.

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
Lower it. Alot.

·
Trevor Stripling
1,519 Posts
If you are dead hooking, you have to hit it harder to create some wheel spin. You must have some wheel spin. Taking power away can magnify wheel stands or if you pull enouph to keep it down you will kill your e.t.

See may avator, that was pulling power out and a bad idea. I put it on the bumper a number of times, and tore up a lot of shit pulling power out. I put the power back and she has been going faster and faster.

You can do all those other things, but the end result will be creating some wheel spin. If you have some more power use it, if not try some of the other suggestions. They can work also.

Trevor

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
18,065 Posts
If you ever watch fast cars, none of them dead-hook!

I always thought that was strange, but that's the way it is. Don't know at what point you want to go from a dead-hooking car to one that spins the tires in a controllable fashion, guess it depends on the weight of the car, the power it has, etc.... Seems like any heads-up type car quicker than 8.0 or so do not want to dead-hook in order to run quicker.

For those that are running bracket-type racing, dead-hooking seems to be the only way to fly!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it dead hooks i will call the man who built my bars mike from diabolical motorsports and take some hit off the tires i run 90-10 shocks in the front wore out shocks in the rear will shocks help this when i tell people its stock suspension its stock suspension leaf springs and all anymore suggestions welcome and thanks for the replys so far

·
Trevor Stripling
1,519 Posts
it dead hooks i will call the man who built my bars mike from diabolical motorsports and take some hit off the tires i run 90-10 shocks in the front wore out shocks in the rear will shocks help this when i tell people its stock suspension its stock suspension leaf springs and all anymore suggestions welcome and thanks for the replys so far
Have him PUT some hit on the tires. Buy a set of decent doulble adjust shocks for the rear. Rancho's doubles are reasonable. Loose on extension, tight on rebound.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts