Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone recommend? This is a STREET car, no cage, Air conditioning, car just made 1009hp on max boost which just so happens to be useless on the street. I dont want to use C02, and looking just for a basic contoller using manifold pressure.
Thanks bullet!:partyman:

·
Registered
543 Posts
I am using the ams500 for my street car. Very simple and effective, it has 2 stages, and one has a ramp rate. Using it with the Co2 is even better.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Turbosmart has a 2 stage manual contoller that works very well. They also have the eboost2 electronic controller. It does not require co2 to operate.

·
Registered
49,473 Posts
I've used the MSd launch boost alot but for a street car you need something programable and designed for a street car.

·
Montgomery Ragland
3,016 Posts
I highly enjoyed having the E-boost2 in my car when I drove it on the street. It does take a little bit to get everything setup just right, but once I did I liked being able to swap 6 different settings at the push of a button.

Now for a race car I'm going to say AMS1000 everytime.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, I am going to check out the Eboost. I agree with the AMS statement, we have it in the race car. But trying to keep this a simple deal. And stealth. The Eboost looks like a "gauge" which is street right?:-Daw

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Www. Boostcontoller.com. Has the Eboost2 along with all the optional accessories including an electronic gear selector that would allow you to program a different boost level for each gear of the car.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I dont think time based is practical at all for the street. Most using the ams-1000 are running a gear based program on the street but if they want to run speed based control they can purchase a lingenfelter speed to voltage converter for a GM ( 114.00 )and tie it into the ams and have speed based boost control. Having the ability to be able to go from a gear based set up to a time based set up when you go to the track is awesome as well as the scramble when ya need it rocks.

Plenty of choices...pick one and enjoy.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I dont think time based is practical at all for the street. Most using the ams-1000 are running a gear based program on the street but if they want to run speed based control they can purchase a lingenfelter speed to voltage converter for a GM ( 114.00 )and tie it into the ams and have speed based boost control. Having the ability to be able to go from a gear based set up to a time based set up when you go to the track is awesome as well as the scramble when ya need it rocks.

Plenty of choices...pick one and enjoy.
AMS 1000 FTW!!!!!!

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
Every system is nice and works. Its just on what has been around people will use. word of mouth and whats on cars.

With a speed base system you start spinning the tire the system sees this and goes to less boost.
One other thing is it could be hidden(the box) because you dont need to touch it. Just have the cable to plug into your laptop

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Forget all of those. THIS is the baddest mutha' 'round!!

Apparently it's compact and easy to tune, no specialty tools required (unless you lack the opposing thumbs.) :rolleyes:

:-D:-D:-D

All kiddin' aside, I'm goin' with the AMS-1000, my application is gonna' be 3500lbs, stick-shift, TT 406cid, more street miles than most people you know. Good luck!

---==Temio Williams
Yuba City, CA

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
david, i dont think you'll like the eboost...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts