Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
The Phantom Machinist
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Kalitta team and Doug deserve a round of applause for their awesome season. Awesome win on the final race and a well deserved championship win!!

Since NHRA decided not to enforce it's own rules, he was cheated of the win according to them, but I refuse to acknowledge that spoiled, violent, pencil dick little child as the champ.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
I still celebrate Tim Wilkerson as Funny Car Champ the first year they started the dumb countdown program.

·
Registered
13,923 Posts
I do not think Doug would be counting this as a real Championship win for his team and himself if he won cause NHRA took points away from the ass clown pussy ST. I really cant think of any racer that wound feel it was a true win no matter if they raced local brackets or one of the Pro classes like Doug Kalitta...........But I 100% get the point you are making.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
like I said in post #5 , I do not think he would accept it. On paper he would be, but in his mind he would not feel that he is
Doug has more class in his fart gas than Steve does in his entire body. Flip the cenario yesterday and we have already seen how Steve reacts.

·
Registered
144 Posts
NHRA should man up and give Doug the Championship
like I said in post #5 , I do not think he would accept it. On paper he would be, but in his mind he would not feel that he is
So what you’re saying is if there was a rules infraction at the first race that cost 10 points, Doug wouldn’t accept the championship? Not all championships are locked up before the final race, if you break a rule you break a rule. Granted I never read the rules for the pro categories other than a simple perusing, but I’m pretty sure I didn’t see anything about a mulligan in there.

·
time to go racing yet ?
30,058 Posts
Vegas was a heart breaker for sure.
it was..... and look at brittanys issue in reading where a fuel line broke and she couldnt make her run, she had the car to beat in reading and with both capco cars out in E1 it was all up in the air.... but its racing.

so close for doug , 3 damn points

·
Registered
53,638 Posts
it was..... and look at brittanys issue in reading where a fuel line broke and she couldnt make her run, she had the car to beat in reading and with both capco cars out in E1 it was all up in the air.... but its racing.

so close for doug , 3 damn points
The champagne is back on ice for a year......:mad:

·
Registered
13,923 Posts
So what you’re saying is if there was a rules infraction at the first race that cost 10 points, Doug wouldn’t accept the championship? Not all championships are locked up before the final race, if you break a rule you break a rule. Granted I never read the rules for the pro categories other than a simple perusing, but I’m pretty sure I didn’t see anything about a mulligan in there.
if he lost 10 points at the first race he has 23 other races to make it up. Huge difference between that and the last few rounds of the last race of the season. So you are saying IF the NHRA said tomorrow "Mr Torrence the rounds you won on Sunday are not being counted do to your actions" then called and said to Mr Kalitta "you are now the 2019 T/F champ do it the poor behavior of Mr Torrance " Do you really think he (Doug) would he celebrating? I do not know any racer that would fell like they won. Would they be the champ, yes but would he feel like the champ, I think not. That said, IF NHRA would have DQ'ed Torrence with in a few minutes of his outburst, it would be a different story. But to take points away the next day, or week it would not be a real victory. JMO.

·
46,912 Posts
I turned on the race yesterday and a hockey game broke out.

Congrats Doug.

·
Registered
34,720 Posts
Not all championships are locked up before the final race, if you break a rule you break a rule.

But there's a difference here. If you window a block and dump oil everywhere you lose points. If you cross the centerline you lose points. Those are non-negotiable rules. If you display unsportsmanlike conduct which rightfully includes what Torrence did, NHRA MAY take points away among other things. It's at their discretion; they can nail someone to the wall, let it pass or pick and choose what they do.

In Torrence's case, I would imagine it'll be a substantial fine and a no-shit warning not to have a repeat performance, at the risk of losing his credentials permanently. We're likely to never find out for sure, although I'll bet $5 to a cold dog turd that we never see him smack a competitor again.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The Kalitta team and Doug deserve a round of applause for their awesome season. Awesome win on the final race and a well deserved championship win!!

Since NHRA decided not to enforce it's own rules, he was cheated of the win according to them, but I refuse to acknowledge that spoiled, violent, pencil dick little child as the champ.
Deserve bahaha points tally gets a championship. If had QT #1 he would helped his cause . If he had won more races he would helped his cause during the year . If Tony hadn’t hit the trifecta Doug would have won a championship. But he didn’t do any of that . Al Hoffman should won a championship Steve Johnson shoulda won like four championships . But he hasn’t .

1 - 20 of 35 Posts