Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Indy was out of the park....If you didnt go you missed a great race...

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
From what I was told the NMRA Finals in BG was the largest NMRA event in the history of the company, from what I personally saw this last weekend the same could be said for the NMCA (since we purchased it). The event was huge.

Thanks again to all the racers, crew, sponsors, vendors and fans that support us!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
it was a great event..But..
I sure hope next year you guys(NMCA) do a few things different..:

1>do not block the return lane..winding cars back through the sportsman pits..
2>do not pit cars in the sportsman lanes..
3>do not block the Pro Pit cross lanes..
4>do not use the return road for tech during track use..

5>Do pit all us Open comp guys on the sportsman side
6>Do use the sportsman staging lanes for staging..

this track has been around a long..long time..when used the way it is designed..
it works great.

even though these things made it a nightmare to get around..
I still had a blast..

Also, Kurt and all the Indy crew did a great job handling all the carnage!

Thanks to everyone!
Matt

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Yeah, this was our first year and we were not expecting the turnout we got. Understaffed and overwhelmed. We should be much better prepared next year to handle everything.

Thanks again for coming out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
As NMCA wannabes, my sons and I came to spectate on Friday, it was a cluster. I spoke to a few of the regulars and they said it was normally much better. The track layout was awful. I hope future events are better.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'm sure the staff learned some things to be prepared for next time around. It is a big facility, so they can map it out better next time and have it more ergonomic.

I made sure I had plenty of gas in the car to get back from the road course return road haha. It took a bit. Luckily it was not 110 degrees outside.

·
Super Moderator
9,243 Posts
Track was awesome. Pits and return road did kind of suck. It was nice to see such a nice turnout of Super Street cars.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Jim...we didn't expect the turnout we got....
....well that's some positive thinking, hell ya had what, 15 separate classes racing, with OC being the largest.........welcome to the f'ing midwest, home to every bracket / index racer known to man. I guess you'll know for next year...............use the whole facility (if you're permitted) -- put your "Pro" classes on the one side and the "Sportsman" on the other and it'll go smooth as silk, it happens every Labor Day weekend.................see you in December

·
Registered
36 Posts
What the Phuck does the nmra have to do with the indy race??? :)

Do what he means, Not what he says!!!!

I agree, the INDY race was a good one. Storied historical facility & the track crew & management wanted the track to be its best all weekend. (& it was!!)

Great Job Promedia & IRP Staff.

·
It weighs how much????
1,629 Posts
Definately a huge turnout! Hope we return there next year!

Derek

1 - 14 of 14 Posts