Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#1 in qualifying 4.968 @ 157.03 and sets new MPH record with 157.45 in first round eliminations

Congrats dude on your first full ORSCA EZ race with the new car. What a great weekend even though you didn't make it to the winners circle.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,121 Posts
AND WHAT A GREAT LOOKING CAR TO....CONGRATS!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good job Wes, thats kickin ass!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Congrats Wes!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Thanks guys it was a fun weekend and I am wore out. I am still looking over the data to see if the MPH record is legit since I hear it's not possible to go that fast without cheating...haters.

Anyway- if it's not legit, I will contact ORSCA.

Thanks a ton to Sheppard Race Cars. I smashed the oil pan and broke the rack in 3rd round of qualifying and Chris from Sheppard stayed and worked on it until 4am so I could race Sunday. Also thanks to Proline for some serious horsepower and Chris Tuten for the 24 hour tuning help hotline.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Good to finally meet you Wes and congrats on the #1 spot and the new record, your car is definately bad ass!!! I'll give you a call later in the week about the Steele race.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Thanks guys it was a fun weekend and I am wore out. I am still looking over the data to see if the MPH record is legit since I hear it's not possible to go that fast without cheating...haters.

Anyway- if it's not legit, I will contact ORSCA.

Thanks a ton to Sheppard Race Cars. I smashed the oil pan and broke the rack in 3rd round of qualifying and Chris from Sheppard stayed and worked on it until 4am so I could race Sunday. Also thanks to Proline for some serious horsepower and Chris Tuten for the 24 hour tuning help hotline.

Wes, if that mph is legit you got one bad 94mm car! Your backhalf should be around 1.57-8 for that mph to be right. My car went 1.60 out the back when I went 4.78 @ 154 at Joliet last year. My best mph with the 94 has been 155mph and the backhalf was 1.59. Obviously you are heavier than me so that makes your speed all the more impressive if tis correct. What was your 330 time?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Congrats Wes and its only the beginning of more records to come! You and the people who built the car have done a hell of a job and your patience is finally paying off. Here is to a successful racing season for you and I might need to fly out and come to one of your races. Its not like I'm racing anyways.

Also, does anyone have video's of this pass or any other of Wes' passes?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Based on the data I have looked at from 12 passes and my split times, there is no way that the car went 157 mph. I realize that it backed it up, but the data and split times do not lie.

I will post on ORSCA's board that I do not deserve the record or bonus points for the record.

Congrats to Brad Brand on the new MPH record- I will beat it at the next race.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts