Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats bro! on winning the 1st race of the year with the Chicago Wise Guys.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasnt there but I got the call from one of the crew & told me he had won. The car its a 7.10s consistent with a 540 conventional headed on one nitrous kit.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Thanks you guys!! the track was very bad and as the sun went away it got like ice after the 330 ft. I changed the 4-link around before the race and the car is 60 ft. is 1.00... so I think the change is for the better the track just diddnt hold any thing more so in the right lane but at byron we will pull some numbers if the weather is their with this little motor.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! 1.00 60' you think!! That is badass! Thats what i like to hear working on the car versus the 7531 box...oops i forgot we dont have one in your ride it all old school electronics but new school Chassis set ups. Thats the little motor that could & won the race.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
That car is also a candidate for the absolute best appearing car at the track. Up close it's really gorgeous.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Scott- Who did you run in the final? I left because it was cold. It was obvious after the first round that the track went away for the big horses. I was surprised no one tagged the wall.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Here's my candidate for 2nd best appearing, next to Scott. His first time out to with the Midwest Gassers. Hope he comes back.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
It wasn't us or Recchia in the final... The clocks got screwed up in our 1st run. We went [email protected] to the 1/8th, then randomly the clock showed up 4.811.. They found a reflector missing out of the cone, so we didn't qualify..
And Recchia opted not to run anymore in the night..

Good job though Scott, car looks great and seemed to run great too.

·
Registered
450 Posts
well that sucks that happened to you guys i seen them messing with the reflecters but did not no what happened.all you guys have nice cars and fast I will be their on the fast part soon,I built a good car and chassis just need some more testing and tweeking ,not many hits on the car and when I built it I sat out for three years saving money to build it.Lost alot of seat time getting it back though,never been down the track at the grove until yesterday so was a little nervious about many things and the right lane was bad and getting worse after each run, but any way I had fun and will like running with the wise guys!! I need a good crew member at the line though that is my next thing i have to find. every one that I know races when I do that can do a good job. so any canidates out their???

·
Registered
450 Posts
To answer that guy who asked who I was up against I dont know his name but it was a lumina white purple and yellow I think.he was running good all day faster than me and getting down the track.but at the end we new that the track was gone and did what we had to do to try.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
You raced Tom Zbonczak(Spelling)...
Thank's for the compliments, your car fits in well with the group I think... It take time to make em go fast, we had ours stuck in the 7.Oh's for awhile.. Last year was really our first year going solid into the 6's.. Our's should go 50's in really good air, maybe quicker.. but it should be in the 60's on average..
You just gotta watch out for Recchia when he gets the new blower straightened out...And Blaisdell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats Scott on your win. For the people out there that pointed out Scotts car being great looking. I can also agree that car is downright amazing there is a lot I'd detail in the paint and the overall look is amazing, also a 1.00 60ft wow man Scott that's great... Keep it up Im sure that cars only going to get better.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Doug- Your car has always been a crowd favorite, and I think you're knockin' right on the door. You still get the award for burnout king every year. You're right, I can't wait till the wild Vette, Orsolini, and the rest get out there. There's a lot of 6 second horses in the Wise Guy Stable. Zbonzak ain't exactly standin' still. I'm sure Pete has something up his sleeve. And you gotta love Firkus.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts

There's one my buddy just put on Facebook.
Redeuce, this is Steve..Doug's son. My father and I have a few new things up our sleeve for the '57 this year...Same old combination, just doing a bit of "refining"... Thank's for the compliments, I will pass them onto my dad tomorrow at work.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I tried to post a full pic and it wants me to go to a url instead of my pics on my hard drive. or am I doing something wrong? yea i raced firkus at byron last year he has a faster car than me but I have fun going up along side him he is a nice person and his crew .also we are not that far apart on e.t. so if he's caught sleeping I will have a chance at the win LoL!!! I also have more I can give this motor the tune up is mild and the same tune up Jlo put in it when we broke the motor in,so when the track gets better or the weather the tune up will change ans hopefully a good e.t.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts