Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
If he gets the contingincy back then he's done some good , if not who the fuck cares.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
What ever happened to the Performance sponsered Nova. Had a bunch of trick pcs. Never really saw a competive pass . Where's the car and what's the plans with it?????

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Congratulations Robin. I'm sure you will be very busy with your new job, so you can just hand me down all of your old LSX stuff and I will put it to good use.:)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Thanks guys!

First I want to say how happy I am to join the Holley Team. As you know they have been through a lot of changes over the past several years. Things are looking good over here with a lot of new products introduced last year more very cool products that will be introduced this year.

I am truly blessed to now be 100% involved in a business that has been my passion all my life.

Yes contingencies are back! I can’t take credit for that but as a racer I certainly understand how important they are to racers. I don’t have all the specifics. Kim and Kevin would probably know much more as they have been working with Bill to get back on track with the program.

Joe, yes the Camaro is sitting in the garage. The trans is out and for sale. I cannot decide if I want to put the car back to stock and sell it or put the 6 speed manual back in and drive it. That converter you built as well as the Trans that Bob at Performance Transmission built was key to the car running the 10.33 and 10.34. With the GMPP LSA Crate engine we were running less MPH than a lot of guys but had the ET. You are the MAN!

The former Horsepower TV/GM Performance Parts Nova is stored less the wrap and it’s 440” LSX engine. The car was side lined in 2009 while we worked on the 2010 Camaro project.
I had the car out for some testing in late August prior to the Holley LS Fest event in September. Our best runs last year were shut down runs at Martin with a 7.92 clicking at the 1000’. After that it was all downhill, well sorta.
We went to the Holley LS Fest ready to have some fun and get our asses kicked but ended up winning the class. It wasn’t because we were making progress! LOL.

The car was the center picture in last months GM High Tech Magazine and is on the upper cover on this months Chevy High Performance Magazine.

Our best passes in the Nova were 3 tenths off from where we felt it would run. It was a great marketing tool for the GMPP LSX block. We have run a string of high 7.7x and 7.8x at 4 different tracks. Our issues have been related to a big single kit on a small block.

Plans for the Nova is to install a Holley EFI as well as the new Autometer/Stack data logger. We have used the 32 Channel Autometer for years and it’s time for an upgrade.
I have decided to put the Nova on the back burner until I can get my house sold and move to Bowling Green. Once I am settled I should have some time to sort out it out.
Hopefully I can get out the races a bit and hang when the dust settles.

See you there!

Robin

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Pick a BIGGER FONT next time...couldn't read this one LOL

Glad to hear about the news for you ....good luck at Holley

glad to hear the converter worked so well :) but sorry to hear you done with it....I would have liked to see you put that thing in the 9's LOL

Thanks guys!

First I want to say how happy I am to join the Holley Team. As you know they have been through a lot of changes over the past several years. Things are looking good over here with a lot of new products introduced last year more very cool products that will be introduced this year.

I am truly blessed to now be 100% involved in a business that has been my passion all my life.

Yes contingencies are back! I can’t take credit for that but as a racer I certainly understand how important they are to racers. I don’t have all the specifics. Kim and Kevin would probably know much more as they have been working with Bill to get back on track with the program.

Joe, yes the Camaro is sitting in the garage. The trans is out and for sale. I cannot decide if I want to put the car back to stock and sell it or put the 6 speed manual back in and drive it. That converter you built as well as the Trans that Bob at Performance Transmission built was key to the car running the 10.33 and 10.34. With the GMPP LSA Crate engine we were running less MPH than a lot of guys but had the ET. You are the MAN!

The former Horsepower TV/GM Performance Parts Nova is stored less the wrap and it’s 440” LSX engine. The car was side lined in 2009 while we worked on the 2010 Camaro project.
I had the car out for some testing in late August prior to the Holley LS Fest event in September. Our best runs last year were shut down runs at Martin with a 7.92 clicking at the 1000’. After that it was all downhill, well sorta.
We went to the Holley LS Fest ready to have some fun and get our asses kicked but ended up winning the class. It wasn’t because we were making progress! LOL.

The car was the center picture in last months GM High Tech Magazine and is on the upper cover on this months Chevy High Performance Magazine.

Our best passes in the Nova were 3 tenths off from where we felt it would run. It was a great marketing tool for the GMPP LSX block. We have run a string of high 7.7x and 7.8x at 4 different tracks. Our issues have been related to a big single kit on a small block.

Plans for the Nova is to install a Holley EFI as well as the new Autometer/Stack data logger. We have used the 32 Channel Autometer for years and it’s time for an upgrade.
I have decided to put the Nova on the back burner until I can get my house sold and move to Bowling Green. Once I am settled I should have some time to sort out it out.
Hopefully I can get out the races a bit and hang when the dust settles.

See you there!

Robin

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys!

Robin
YES YOU ARE ........ I'm happy for you and sure there are thousands on here that would love to be in your position ......... Good Luck with your new job and again CONGRATS
Living the dream is Badass <<<< from what I hear ;)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Pick a BIGGER FONT next time...couldn't read this one LOL

Glad to hear about the news for you ....good luck at Holley

glad to hear the converter worked so well :) but sorry to hear you done with it....I would have liked to see you put that thing in the 9's LOL
Sure the 1 minute that it was up you copied and pasted that! hahaha.

I was like whoa baby

1 - 19 of 19 Posts