Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have you ever burned a pisition with the timing at 15* going down the track using at 650hp shot of NOS? no matter if it is on 2kits or one....mine has 2 kits both set at 5psi flowed an i burned a hole in one of slugs:(

·
2013 KING OF THE STREET
1,706 Posts
you smoked it with 15 if it was a true 650..

·
Registered
824 Posts
I'm not very good with horesepower numbers, but is 650 on one gun even possible?

That said, I'm pretty confident I'm spraying way less than 650 on two kits, and I've seen decent heat in the strap at 16 degrees.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have that basic combo and run it at 12 degrees on c 23 and havent hurt a thing. Im sure we are a little soft on timing.

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
It all depends on the combo..............I have some conv head stuff, that runs more timing than that, with MORE spray than that.............but I also have some that run less timing, with LESS spray than that. There are no set, or magic numbers for any certain combo. 15 would seem a little high to go out and let it rip on two guns the first pass though. You should always start low and work up.

Monte

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It all depends on the combo..............I have some conv head stuff, that runs more timing than that, with MORE spray than that.............but I also have some that run less timing, with LESS spray than that. There are no set, or magic numbers for any certain combo. 15 would seem a little high to go out and let it rip on two guns the first pass though. You should always start low and work up.

Monte
thanks...........what will be the difference if i change to c23 an -11 plugs instead of using c16 an -10

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
:smt102:smt102
Biggest single system I ever did, had .063 jets in a NOS soft plume nozzle, with trashcan solenoids. That system would pass better than 2800 lb/hr of nitrous. Just for comparison, a single system with .036 jets, which most call a 350 hp kit, will pass in the range of 1350 lb/hr.

Monte

·
Registered
918 Posts
thanks...........what will be the difference if i change to c23 an -11 plugs instead of using c16 an -10
Listen to what Monte and Steve tell you and go from there.

Chances are you will probably not have to make any changes or you may have to add a touch more fuel pressure but that all depends on where your tuneup was before the switch. C-23 is a slightly lighter fuel.

I had a conversation with a rep from VP a while back and I know Monte has mentioned this same thing before as well, C-16 was never designed to be used as a nitrous fuel but it does have some OK qualities that helps deter detonation. that is why it has been used so much by nitrous racers for years, however, A far better choice for nitrous use is C-23. this fuel was designed for and has properties that make it a very nitrous friendly fuel. The fuel you use makes a difference on how your motor reacts to your tune.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Biggest single system I ever did, had .063 jets in a NOS soft plume nozzle, with trashcan solenoids. That system would pass better than 2800 lb/hr of nitrous. Just for comparison, a single system with .036 jets, which most call a 350 hp kit, will pass in the range of 1350 lb/hr.

Monte
I didn't think Soft plume nozzles could pass that much nitrous through them!! Were they modified?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts