Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Yeah, that will take some real investigating to figure out the cause. Try tightening the arbor nut next time asshole. Plus he either had that thing raised way up, or part of the shroud is missing.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
damn that could have been real bad.

·
Long Live The King
102,204 Posts
Yeah, that will take some real investigating to figure out the cause. Try tightening the arbor nut next time asshole. Plus he either had that thing raised way up, or part of the shroud is missing.
And the operator should start the job by first pulling his head out of his ass.

That should be the first thing on the check list.

G-

·
Registered
108 Posts
you raise the saw up high in order to be able to maneuver(spl) like a wheel barrow. Shroud would barely slow the blade down. I wont make excuses for him not tightening the blade properly though. had a few blades come off in twenty years of sawcutting, all of mine were equipment failure, which doesn't really change the OOOOOOOHHHHHHH SSSHHHIIITTT factor.

smalltyredart
jeff r

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
I was driving on I 65 just north of Louisville one night and rolled into a construction zone just minutes after a worker got tangled up in one of those saws. It wasnt pretty. The guy must've still be caught up in the saw. They had it covered with a tarp the best they could but there was ALOT of blood on the ground.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
When the saw operator was about to possibly graduate from high school and met with his guidance counselor, his options weren't narrowed down to designing rockets for NASA or concrete cutting.

·
A Fine Example For Others
40,523 Posts
That's wild, never seen something like that happen and I've been in the construction industry for some time.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
you raise the saw up high in order to be able to maneuver(spl) like a wheel barrow. Shroud would barely slow the blade down. I wont make excuses for him not tightening the blade properly though. had a few blades come off in twenty years of sawcutting, all of mine were equipment failure, which doesn't really change the OOOOOOOHHHHHHH SSSHHHIIITTT factor.

smalltyredart
jeff r

Right, but only just above the concrete. That blade looked like it dropped a foot before it hit the ground. We had a customer that brought in a 36 inch saw he wanted the shroud replaced on, it had the blade imbedded in it, and was torn all to shit. Wonder it didn't kill the operator.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts