Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have ph..kin' baby squirrels in and out of my attached garage. Here's the deal:

The concrete slabs of the garage floor and driveway have settled over the years since 1974 on the edges. So, the middle of the driveway and garage is slightly higher (1") than the edges. Therefore, when the garage door closes, there are 1" gaps at the meeting of the garage door and the garage floor apron. My technical definition of the garage floor apron - the approximately 1" shorter, 8" deep section of the garage floor designed to horizontally and vertically seal the garage door against.

So, I need to build up the apron. I want to do as good a job as possible but don't want to tear it out and redo it or hire someone else. I guess I'd like to just lay a mix on top of the existing concrete. What's the best way to do it?

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
If your garage door is wood, cut the bottom to match the 'slope' and replace the weatherstrip.:D Or you could spend $30k and have someone come out and mudjack your footings back up to where they belong.

Craig

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
If your garage door is wood, cut the bottom to match the 'slope' and replace the weatherstrip.:D Or you could spend $30k and have someone come out and mudjack your footings back up to where they belong.

Craig
I did the same thing to my old house, it was 50 years old and the garage slab was buckled in the middle and it held the door up 4" on each end. Used to get all kinds of critters in there. It was a wood door so I fit it to the concrete and called it a day, still the same way 15 years later when I drove by it last time :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts