Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a gun that has knock down power but is easy to conceal . I have a 40 cal beside my bed but im not sure about carrying something that big . What is everybody carrying ? Also what is the most comfortable way to carry ? Thinking the small of my back .

·
Registered
21,576 Posts
There ARE some fairly compact 40's. In my "old age" I've downsized considerably. I alternate between a KLCR (357) and one of the mini Colts in 380, and an 'off brand' compact .40 that's smaller than many 9's

·
Registered
909 Posts
I carry a .45 daily without issue, Sig 1911 C3, 4.2 slide on an officer frame. I've carried it OWB and IWB

·
Premium Member
102,312 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
IMO you should carry what ever you are the most comfortable and proficient in shooting.

For me, (I have bigger hands as well) I am comfortable and proficient with my full size 1911.

I don't carry on my person often but when I feel the need it's at 3 o clock IWB with an over shirt.

I have a light build (6' 180#) but it really does not show at all. At first I was self conscious because of the weight and all, but that goes away when you realize it really doesn't show.

We have a 938 which would be a great carry gun as I could put it in my pocket and all, but it's just too small. I feel, if I needed it, I would pull it out and drop it like a cell phone. Additionally, although I can aim and shoot it very accurately, I shot a IDPA stage with it once and could not hit a cardboard person to save my ass.

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the comments guys . I need to do some homework and figure out whats right for me .

·
Registered
21,576 Posts
IMO you should carry what ever you are the most comfortable and proficient in shooting..
You want to carry something that you WILL CARRY. Not something so big that "I'll jus' leave it home tonight"

You want whatever you can HIT with. This is no place for overly macho. A softer "hit" is a hell of a lot better than a "Big Bang Miss"

Reliable...........

Readily concealable......

·
Registered
15,215 Posts
S&W Shield in .40 Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I've heard horror stories of people getting injured by falling on their back with a gun in the small of the back. With a good holster & belt and an untucked shirt you would be surprised how well you can conceal in a normal (4:00 or so) position.

·
Premium Member
102,312 Posts
1 - 20 of 67 Posts