Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
There has been a round in the chamber with every gun I have carried from day one of recieving my CHL. Our instructor stressed to us how useless it is to not have a round chambered.

Every member of my household knows if they grab one of my guns, it's loaded.

·
Dick for hire
17,960 Posts
A gun without a round in the chamber is an expensive paperweight until chambered. Never was a fan of carrying an expensive paperweight.

·
16,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the round out last night for the first time in a long time...I spilled water all over my gun and had the clean it.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Every firearm I own Is loaded, chambered and has no thumb safety. Pick it up, point, pull, bang.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
102,312 Posts
Now if only we could get these idiots to stop racking rounds in shotguns.

·
Registered
8,136 Posts

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Mine is always on me but normally not chambered and safety is on. Simply because my kids are always with me. They know if they touch the trigger someone/something dies in an ugly way. Because of that I know it is important to be able to chamber quickly under stress. I normally do so as soon as the red flag goes off instead of waiting to confirm I need it. Trusting your gut is always a good idea. Since my gun is in my purse with all my other junk it is just not wise to leave it chambered just in case the safety gets bumped. I don't consider it an expensive paper weight (or in this case accessory) I just have to be wise with fast reaction time.

·
Dick for hire
17,960 Posts
Mine is always on me but normally not chambered and safety is on. Simply because my kids are always with me. They know if they touch the trigger someone/something dies in an ugly way. Because of that I know it is important to be able to chamber quickly under stress. I normally do so as soon as the red flag goes off instead of waiting to confirm I need it. Trusting your gut is always a good idea. Since my gun is in my purse with all my other junk it is just not wise to leave it chambered just in case the safety gets bumped. I don't consider it an expensive paper weight (or in this case accessory) I just have to be wise with fast reaction time.
Is it at least in a holster attached to the inside of the purse? Its not just kinda thrown in there, is it?

·
Registered
262 Posts
My Glock is always on me (aside from work) and not typically with a round chambered. If I am driving into or through a "bad" area, I will rack a round for the day. That's how I personally do it.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
A lot of people seem real confident in their fine motor control skills under pressure. More power to ya.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
That's why I keep I chambered. One less muscle memory to worry about.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
It is my humble opinion that if a defensive sidearm is not carried RTF, the person doing it is not in it to win it, but rather in it to do a cursory stab at protection. Maximizing your potential at ending a deadly confrontation does not entail increasing your time to engage by racking and going hot especially considering how almost all defensive shootings are within feet of each other and many times hands on.

If you are not certain of your weapon status, place, or point of aim, you should not be carrying it. Drawing a weapon that is not ready to fire is flat stupid.

:-kill

·
Race Pages Magazine
2,532 Posts
That's why I keep I chambered. One less muscle memory to worry about.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not using it as a defense of keeping the chamber empty, I'm just saying if you are going to keep it unchambered, you should practice with it unchambered.

The other day I was messing around in the garage with an airsoft gun and it ran dry, Before I realized I was doing it I had dropped the mag and grabbed for a fresh one (that didn't exist) on my belt (that I wasn't wearing). My buddy thought it was hilarious.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts