Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want something reliable, lightweight and small. Been leaning towards the glock 26 but all ears to better suggestions before I take the class. Fucking Illinois. I know, first suggestion should be to move lol.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
It's pretty hard to beat a revolver for reliability, but semiautomatics win in concealability and ammo capacity.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I live in jersey so I know all too well what it’s like to live in a communist state. It’s easy for people to say....move. It’s not always practical though.

I travel for work so when I’m in a constitutional carry state I carry a Smith & Wesson Shield chambered in 9mm. I have a couple thousand rounds through it and not a single issue.
Take a look at the Sig P365.
I’ve had one on my want list for a while.
the 2 tone version is sexy.
That’ll likely be a 2020 purchase for me.

Go to a gun show and handle lots of guns. You may find that you don’t like what you had in mind and you may stumble upon something that you weren’t even considering.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Any caliber preference? I have several different guns, lots of different sizes. I actually like the ruger security 9 the most out of all of them. And it's half the price of the other carry guns I've purchased.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Go to a gun show and handle lots of guns.
This is the best advice you'll get. Find what fits well in your hand and go from there. Be polite and ask before you dry fire.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a membership to a local shooting range that allows me to shoot any gun I want. Willing to try anything that’s accurate, easily concealable with decent dropping power.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I want something reliable, lightweight and small. Been leaning towards the glock 26 but all ears to better suggestions before I take the class. Fucking Illinois. I know, first suggestion should be to move lol.
I have a Glock 26, hate that boxy little fucker. Been using a S&W bodyguard in .380 lately, but have my eyes out for a lightweight .38 revolver like a S&W 642.

You gotta handle them, comparing them on paper is useless.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Fitment to your hand, as well as torso/body concealability are considerations that first come to mind. Goes without saying but, the bigger you are the easier it will be to conceal a weapon.

The idea of gun show shopping/looking is good, as well as the shooting range suggestion.
Usually a range will have a variety of handguns to try. All you'd have to do is buy ammo, & maybe pay their rental fee?

Glad to hear you're taking a safety course. Many states don't require it, and there are way too many folks carrying that wouldn't know what to do if the shit hits the fan in front of them!

Good luck in your choice...

·
Smart Ass Conservative
103,937 Posts
To bad yours doesn't shoot you ^

·
SEENYOR MEMBER
7,570 Posts
I went to a pawn shop and fondled guns.

I bought this

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I use a G26 for carry in the winter, as its thicker and has to worn right not to print......In the Summer, I love the G42, hide it anywhere.....But I think I will be trying the G43 soon....The .380 is nice, but I think a 9mm will be better.

1 - 20 of 225 Posts