Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Tried doing a search for my issue and came up with over 3500 results that did not fit, probably too many key words, but anyway.

I am putting together a 347 for a friend who supplied all the parts so I know some are not the best match. Its a stock C5 289 block .040 over with Eagle 4340 crank and the H beam rods (2.10). I was assuming these were new parts but I should have asked since they did not come in the original boxes. Long story short, the crank had been turned .010/.020. Machine work looks good and measurements are consistent. I am having a had time finding rod bearings for the .020 crank. I can find the CB1227P-20 but I want to run the H series that I see recommended for 347s. Anyone have a part number for a good bearing that is .020? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey all, Tried doing a search for my issue and came up with over 3500 results that did not fit, probably too many key words, but anyway.

I am putting together a 347 for a friend who supplied all the parts so I know some are not the best match. Its a stock C5 289 block .040 over with Eagle 4340 crank and the H beam rods (2.10). I was assuming these were new parts but I should have asked since they did not come in the original boxes. Long story short, the crank had been turned .010/.020. Machine work looks good and measurements are consistent. I am having a had time finding rod bearings for the .020 crank. I can find the CB1227P-20 but I want to run the H series that I see recommended for 347s. Anyone have a part number for a good bearing that is .020? Thanks!!!
You can check ACL, I recently obtained some 8B1227H-010's, not sure if they have .020's. The ACL H bearing is comparable to the Clevite's.

Assuming the crank was not re-nitrided? The P bearing will work unless your making 1000 HP. If you have your heart set on H's and can't find any, buy some Clevite CB663HN-20's and have them narrowed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts