Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna be in the market for a computer soon as my project is moving forward some.

First the car is a '95 Mustang GT, 88GT47, 348ci Street Heat stage 3 port TFS Box R upper port matched, hydraulic roller, 4R75W man valve body w/brake, 3:55 and 325 50s. I'll probably run E85, drive the car to work maybe once a week or so might drive it down to Bradenton ~55miles or so or over to Orlando or to the strip in Lakeland.

While I'm not looking for the latest and greatest and on a budget, I'm really looking for something simple, like having a tuner do the tune but where I can still play with it a little as I learn. I'd like to have the ability to switch between a fun street (drivability tune) and a race tune at the track, if that is even needed if one tune wouldn't do both.

Simple but effective and user friendly for what I am after is the target.

Thanks!

-Terry

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First let me say that I have no experience with any engine management system.

With that said I have a few questions.

I'm in Lakeland Florida and considering the HP and possibly a tuner to help me out if needed.

Who is the closest/informed (patience is a plus! lol) Dealer for me to talk to and get the unit?

How difficult is the full install, meaning should the average person have someone install it for them or is it fairly straight forward?

I will be using a 4R70w w/man valve body and a button for OD. Would the HP unit operate the OD for me and if so would I be able to control it based off of throttle percentage, mph? I wouldn't want to use od at the track and while on the street if I were to get on it, I'd like the OD to disengage for example at 50% or so throttle.

I've been reading and watching some vids of the HP but I still have a ton of questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts