Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, not sure if this should go here LOL

I have an old copy of Black Book. It's data logging software. Problem is, it's on 5 diskettes. My laptop has no floppy on it so I tried to copy the files... Didn't work.

Problem is... It re-writes the diskettes due to registration and what not.

I tried networking also... Using the floppy on another computer... Doesn't work either. Says the product is not registered and closes.

It does work though... The diskettes are fine. If I try to install it on the pc that has the floppy... It says "this product is registered to blah blah do you wish to proceed?"

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Do you have the program installed anywhere? If so, the number can be occasionally found off the help->about window in the program. Another option might be to try and back up a copy to another format. i.e. diskette to hd to fd then install.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mez, not sure but sounds like some older copy protection that required you to have the orginial disk in the floppy drive to verify ownership. If this is the case, years ago I used a program called COPYPC worked well on this type of copy protection.
I'm not sure if it's still around but might be worth a search.
I'm not sure this is you problem, just trying to help out.:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mez, not sure but sounds like some older copy protection that required you to have the orginial disk in the floppy drive to verify ownership. If this is the case, years ago I used a program called COPYPC worked well on this type of copy protection.
I'm not sure if it's still around but might be worth a search.
I'm not sure this is you problem, just trying to help out.:)
yup... that's my problem. I did a search for COPYPC and didn't find anything. Looks like I'll have to go with WJ Birmingham suggestion.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts