Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its my wifes Toshiba laptop. I've suggested chunking it and just buying a new one, but she doesn't want too. Its close to 2 years old and shes had no problems until the last week or so. The computer is working, the problem is when you are playing music its like a skipping cd, and the pictures get screwed up when theres music playing. Its also fairly slow. Virus scans show nothing, and shes deleted most all of her temperary files and nothing has helped. Anyone have any suggestions before we trash it ?:smt070
Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
Save any files that you want to keep that are on the laptop. Then format the drive and reload the operating system with the original disks included when you bought the laptop. That's the only way sometimes. Better then buying a new one. 2 years old is still pretty new. Any hardware issues under system?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Try updating directx for the sound/picture issue:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displayLang=en

And you should try CCleaner for crap removal:
http://www.ccleaner.com/ it's free and crap free.

Make sure you the hard drive isn't full,go to my computer
right click your C: drive and click properties select tools and click error-checking,check the automaticly fix system errors leave the other one blank,your pc will reboot showing blue screen and some progress,just wait and it will boot up after,then defragment the drive.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Max out the ram.

Murff

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, i'll let her read all this and decide what she wants to do. I don't touch it anymore, don't want to be blamed for a problem ! LOL

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
I have a 5 year old Toshiba and we have had to take it apart 3 times to clean dirt from the heat sink over the processor. Toshiba's are known for overheating and the screen acting up. As long as it stays cool it works great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts