Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My laptop crashed yesterday with some kind of virus. Screen went crazy and icons disappered. I turned it off and now I can't even get it to boot! It is a Lenovo Thinkpad, and it has a rescue and recovory feature. When I try to do that, it doesn't do anything at all, I even let it sit overnight to see if it would load and it still won't! This thing is pretty old, so I don't want to spend a fortune on it, but I would be nice to get it working again to at least get my files off of it!

Anybody have any ideas??

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Have you tried using the F8 key to boot up in safe mode? If that doesn't work, it sounds like your hard drive went South.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats kinda what I was afraid of!! Last time I got a virus on it, I was able to fix it with a system restore, but this time it wont even open anything...

Thanks!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I try to open it in safe mode, a bunch of messages come up, but nothing else happens. I got my fair use out of this old thing, Probably gonna get a new one for home, and get this one fixed to use at the shop. Gonna take it somewhere later to get it looked at..

Thanks for all the help!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts