Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Vendor
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting a small pop up window when I try to close my browser and maybe at other times but can't remember right now, for a few days. It says INTERNET EXPLORER OUT OF MEMORY LINE 124 and sometimes the line number changes to 79 or something.

I have a virus scan and no issues. Have run a defrag and cleaned up my drive and there is plenty of memory left. Any ideas what is causing this. I have seen when I searched that some people a year or so ago were attributing this to something on Facebook but I am and was not on FB when it happend.

·
Go Phuck youself
12,353 Posts
My computer has not given me that message but the screen on the ATM machine keeps saying "OUT OF MONEY" :smt118

Heres the problem with that error code out of memory can also mean out of memory within your video card also. With todays hi graphics requirments it happens often. I dont know how many Megs you have in video card but look at that possibilty before you get hell bent out of shape. Hope this helps some.

Douglas

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would also look for unnecessary programs installed under control panel, add/remove software. Chances are something installed recently has a memory leak. Start removing anything not used and then the latest application. Also make sure you completely power down your computer on occasion and or restarting it rather than suspending as this can cause memory issues.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Exactly how much memory do you have? What operating system so you have, and how much hard drive space do you have left. If your hard drive is low on space, you may not have enough room for the pagefile to allocate hard drive space. right click on my computer, and select properties.. then click the advanced tab, click the settings button under the performance section, click on the Advanced tab, at the bottom under Virtual memory, click Change. If you have more than one Hard Drive, you can split the pagefile on to 2 disks, this will improve overall perf of the puter, Check to see if "system managed size" is checked or Custom... Custom should be 2046 to 4092. It is NOT related to the Video Card

·
Vendor
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm good stuff. It is a Laptop running windows XP. The C drive has 49186 MB available. Custom size is highlighted and it says Initial size 1524 and Max size 3048. Currently allocated 1998MB.

It has 74.5GB of memory in the C drive of which 28.4GB is being used with 46 available.

It has 2GB of RAM.

And I am currently doing all this with the same window having popped up.

·
Go Phuck youself
12,353 Posts
Exactly how much memory do you have? What operating system so you have, and how much hard drive space do you have left. If your hard drive is low on space, you may not have enough room for the pagefile to allocate hard drive space. right click on my computer, and select properties.. then click the advanced tab, click the settings button under the performance section, click on the Advanced tab, at the bottom under Virtual memory, click Change. If you have more than one Hard Drive, you can split the pagefile on to 2 disks, this will improve overall perf of the puter, Check to see if "system managed size" is checked or Custom... Custom should be 2046 to 4092. It is NOT related to the Video Card
Your full of of it it can be related to video card Mr. know it all i,ve been doing this since 1980,s get a life and your also right in your statements also.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Dude, I have been doing it since 1988 woohoo, and have worked for a Large Computer company in the R&D engineering group designing Computers... I will say that if the computer has onboard Graphics and shares the system memory (RAM) then it can happen, but that is still not related to the Graphics card itself, but the fact that it Shares the system memory and has run out of memory, due to system resources! A video card can Run out of Memory in an intensive video game running at High rez such as 1600x1200x 32 bit color at high settings... But IE is NOT going to tax the Video Card

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Hmm good stuff. It is a Laptop running windows XP. The C drive has 49186 MB available. Custom size is highlighted and it says Initial size 1524 and Max size 3048. Currently allocated 1998MB.

It has 74.5GB of memory in the C drive of which 28.4GB is being used with 46 available.

It has 2GB of RAM.

And I am currently doing all this with the same window having popped up.
Try resetting the Pagefile to 2048 - 4092... everything else looks great! does it only happen with IE ? What version of IE is it?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
almost as long in the business here as well. He can set the video card down to lower graphics and test it or some manufactures have a video test program. My NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500
has one but it's a little more than the average guy has.

If it happens in IE only there could be a Browser Helper program, parisite, that's messing with you as well.

Try out Firefox it works great!

Your full of of it it can be related to video card Mr. know it all i,ve been doing this since 1980,s get a life and your also right in your statements also.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
almost as long in the business here as well. He can set the video card down to lower graphics and test it or some manufactures have a video test program. My NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500
has one but it's a little more than the average guy has.

If it happens in IE only there could be a Browser Helper program, parisite, that's messing with you as well.

!
My next suggestion "Try out Firefox it works great"

·
Vendor
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK guys I switched over to Firefox. Which I had already downloaded and it is still doing it so it's not an IE issue. The only other program open is my Outlook Express. I have not reset the pagefile yet.

·
Go Phuck youself
12,353 Posts
Dude, I have been doing it since 1988 woohoo, and have worked for a Large Computer company in the R&D engineering group designing Computers... I will say that if the computer has onboard Graphics and shares the system memory (RAM) then it can happen, but that is still not related to the Graphics card itself, but the fact that it Shares the system memory and has run out of memory, due to system resources! A video card can Run out of Memory in an intensive video game running at High rez such as 1600x1200x 32 bit color at high settings... But IE is NOT going to tax the Video Card
willnot argue with ya on that all depends on what he had and posted some thoughts. Older computers had this problem alot and AOL was the biggest problem with it. Good Post. LOL good old dos 1.0
Still have some 1 meg hard drives lmfao imagin Terra bits in 1980,s
hell we were looking for just upper men. is we were lucky. PEACE

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
willnot argue with ya on that all depends on what he had and posted some thoughts. Older computers had this problem alot and AOL was the biggest problem with it. Good Post. LOL good old dos 1.0
Still have some 1 meg hard drives lmfao imagin Terra bits in 1980,s
hell we were looking for just upper men. is we were lucky. PEACE
Funny, my 1st computer was an IBM PC jr, that only ran on 5 1/4 Floppy drives... and just 10 years ago we were using hard Drives that were 8Gb and now there are Games that are more than 10Gb in size!!!

·
Vendor
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I changed the pagefile IJ but it didn't help. I am going to reboot. Be right back.

·
color me gone
1,418 Posts
try this it is very simple and free c cleaner there is alot better programs out there but this one is free
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

download from the right side of the page clcik on latest version after it is installed click run cleaner then when it is done click registery and let us know if that helps if not pm me and i will get you all fixed i spend half my nights doing remote computer repair lol what a life lol

·
Vendor
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I rebooted and have FF and IE both open and so far now errors. I am pretty sure I rebooted yesterday and it came back but will keep an eye on it. Any other ideas? When I close the error about Line 124 another pops right up and says Line 128 before I close that one out. Or at least that's what it was doing.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Hmmmm... only when it closes, not when it is open and running? I'm grasping now, but download Malwarebytes, and run it... it is a Spyware/malware killer, works well...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts