Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to change from Vista to Windows 7. I would really like to keep all my favorites, of web sites, so my question is how do you stash them in a file to maybe email them to myself ? Would that work ? I have tried to copy them, but its like, one at a friggin time. If you know of a way I can do this, and would pas it along, THANKS !!!

·
Senior Frog
10,344 Posts
its automatic......W7 will save your stuff in a file but
its also easy to do a back up with a USB type drive which is what I use

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
You put one finger in cold water and then you shove a fork into a wall receptacle while looking at the computer. You should only have to do this once, but sometimes it takes two times to get it all done.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I havent changed out an OS before, so thanks Excellerator ! I obviously didnt know that !!

Steve, that's Reids preferred method, right !?? How the hell are you ? Missed you at Christmas...

·
Registered
813 Posts
xmarks.com

It saves all of your favorites/bookmarks and you can get them on any computer in the world, also create and access different profiles. I have a profile for work and one for home. Pretty neat

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Vista to Win7 is a painless upgrade. No drive format, saving of files, or anything is required. Just put the disk in the DVD drive.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a backup today and used it for pictures and doc's. Thanks all ! Well, here goes ! How ya doin Scott ?

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
What version of vista are you on??? If you are on vista basic or home or whatever it will seamlessly upgrade to Windows 7 home premium without a hitch... It's easy.. Just follow the directions on the screen after you put the disk in.

·
U.S. Navy Retired
4,800 Posts
It's been a while, but if I remember correctly after Win 7 will save all the old files during the upgrade to a file named .old or something along those lines and you'll have access to all your old files.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts