Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok heres my issue. I had everything bought for a block i had and found a crack. So different block. Machine shop had to take .010 off to true the deck surface. So now im setting at 9.83 with the other block i was 9.2:1. I can get .070 gaskets and get back to 9.2 or would it be a big deal to run what i already have. Its a 355 iron eagle platinum heads. s480 96mm turbine 1.32 a/r 80mm billet with the race cover. Pump gas here is 91 octane if im lucky. Figure ill run roughly 14#'s of boost

·
Registered
861 Posts
The compression is getting up there but it's nothing that hasn't been done on pump gas before. Cam duration plays a big role in how much compression the engine actually sees as well. I think you'll be fine as long as you keep in mind that your tuning room for error decreases as the compression increases.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cams 230/236 if im running more static compression basically take it easy on timing to keep cylinder pressures down correct

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my intercooler is 31x12x4" im gonna run the 9.8 if i have issues ill pull the heads and change the gaskets

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well its been a low 12 high 11 car so im sure ill be happy with a safe street tune. Closest track is 2 hours away from me.

·
Registered
639 Posts
how about e85?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish we had e85 here. I live in WV not many corn fields around here. As far as the meth injection. I did have plans on adding it after i got it up and running. I work in oil and gas so i have very easy access to methanol

·
Beyond old
4,309 Posts
X2 on the Alky........

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Run it and dont think twice about it. 23 degree SBC will do fine at 9.8 and 14 psi on Pump with an air to air intercooler...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah im gonna run it. Most ppl ive asked say do it. And a few friends that have done twin setups with mid 8's on compression say they wish they hadnt gone so low

1 - 13 of 13 Posts