Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my combination is a 555 with only 11 to 1 comp. but i was going to go up to at least 14. i drive this car once or twice a week on the street and was wondering if anyone can give advice if they are doing the same. i want to run 91 octane with water to stay away from race gas on the street and at the track ill use q16

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
I am not fond of doing it, no matter what snow says. Mix some pump with a race fuel and dont load the motor you will be fine without all the monkey bussiness

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
If you have the desire and scratch to run a 14:1 engine on the street, you can afford to mix the fuel/lower timing/limit throttle application. One of my customers uses a 14:1 565 Chev in is 29 Ford bracket car. He does drive it on the street from time to time, but he lives in a small community so the fuel cunsumption isn't all that great. Besides, C-16 smells cool out the pipes.

In this situation the PITA factor is getting all the "street" fuel out of the cell and lines/bowls before he drops the hammer. I would suggest running VP 113 since it's a bunch cheaper than Q 16 and the jetting should be close enough for street cruising, and the fuel will support the compression so you don't detonate if there's still a secondary bowl of it once you hit the track. (I use VP 113 exclusively in my iron head 14.5:1 406 SBC)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts