Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,YB members. I know it's a shot in the dark but, in this suck-ass economy, drastic times calls for drastic measures!

My company does sound and lighting production work and I am trying to get into the "cheerleading" market. If anybody knows somebody who is involved in these thing... please let me know. This seems to be a "word of mouth" type of situation and I am trying to get a hold of people who are into this stuff

We did this a couple of times for a group that had an event at Pheasant Run but, we were hired by the venue, not the cheer group. I couldnt contact them at the time because of "conflict of interest" with our contract. but, that has since expired.

If anybody needs sound or lighting for an event let me know. Our industry is taking a beating at the moment and I could sure use some help in finding some gig's. I really want to avoid having to add any more people (my crew) to the "unemployed" list.

Here's what we have done for High School dances:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaWWGksM3aU&feature=fvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npo5acNpD8Q&feature=channel

We also do concerts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbmIjWCo464&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgkDZrHjT3g&feature=channel

BTW... we also design, service and repair sound systems at race tracks.

Thanks, in advance, for your help and support. There are families counting on me to find work for my employees and I am really doing my best to not let them down.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love the Dallas Cowboy's cheerleaders......good enough?
Uh... sort of. If you know somebody there thats in charge of their production needs. Obviously, not for the football games but, for when they are doing exhibition type events.

But, the market I'm really trying to get into is the competitions on the high school levels and stuff like that.

www.tsaproductions.net <- If you know somebody this is where to find us.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
my sister owns a gymnastics and cheerleader school down here in Texas and is always going to compitition around this state and others.she is in FL.right now on vacation.they have competted all over this country including your area.but like i said earlier we live in southeast TX.dont think i could do ya any good up there.:confused:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Go troll around Walmart, there's usualy a cheerleading squad washing cars every weekend during the summer! :D

Hey, now theres a show for ya to produce, and as they do it on sunny days, you can save $$$ on lighting...

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my sister owns a gymnastics and cheerleader school down here in Texas and is always going to compitition around this state and others.she is in FL.right now on vacation.they have competted all over this country including your area.but like i said earlier we live in southeast TX.dont think i could do ya any good up there.:confused:
We travel all over the country and we do concert tours as well. But, your sister might be able to point me in the right direction as to who to talk to, that seems to be the biggest mystery..... nobody I have talked to seems to know who is in charge of these things.

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
Is cheerleading even a sport? There arnt any balls involved and the guys who participate are usually gay anyways.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is cheerleading even a sport? There arnt any balls involved and the guys who participate are usually gay anyways.
From what I have seen... it's getting to be quite popular for all ages. (little kids through college age).

Like I said before, we did the lighting for one group a couple of times but, they REALLY needed help with their sound and stuff as well. They had a DJ who was trying to use his "wedding" sized sound system to fill an arena ....um yeah... it was pretty bad.

I really believe we can help their events be way more professional looking (and sounding) and help bring it to that "Next level" they seem to be trying to get to...but, are using DJ's to try to do it ...and they cant.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts