Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a company online (careerbuilder.com) that was looking for people. the catch is, its a employment company, not a temp service. your are guarnteed a job, and you can pick the job, with wages starting from 15-25 bucks an hour. its a legal binding contract where they 100% garuntee that they can place you in a perminant position, and if you loose your job, you can go back to them for up to one year.

here's the thing. it costs $180 bucks. i've been without steady work for over 3 months, and just sold parts off my race car so i can eat and have gas for the next week or so. i've just about got the money to do it, about 30 bucks short, but dont want to fuck myself by throwing my money out the window. they've got a 10 day money back garuntee. i've got one other job offer that i am holding out for and should know by tomarrow or so. has anyone ever done this, or used a company like this? i've got a felony on my record for feeing and aluding the police in 2005, and its fucking me trying to get a job in the michigan market. i paid my time and debt to society, but didnt know it was gonna haunt me this bad. please let me know what you'd do, i think i might give this a shot.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
careerbuilder.com is kind of like Monster, as far as I know. You can post jobs there or post resumes I thought?

It's kinda funny that you posted this, I was just about to post a job with them and have the window already open :)

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a good site. it really is, this is a seperate company from monster or career builder they just list with them. i've gotten a lot of phone calls from both monster and career builder, but its 99.9 % of companys that once they find a blemish on your record, its "well thanks for coming in, we'll call ya"

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nobody else?

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
So it's a placement agency? PM me a link. I own a recruiting firm so it sounds like some sort of placement firm. I can't help you as I am very specialized (senior level alternative energy/ green tech recruiting) but I can at least look at the link.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
So it's a placement agency? PM me a link. I own a recruiting firm so it sounds like some sort of placement firm. I can't help you as I am very specialized (senior level alternative energy/ green tech recruiting) but I can at least look at the link.
Looking for anyone in Canada?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I have never heard of a company like this. If a legit temp service can't get you placed because of your past conviction, how can they guarantee they can? Good luck with your situation.
Dennis

·
In Glock I Trust
6,825 Posts
Go into the Army.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
they should not be charging 180$.... only temp agencies do that...... some take it out of ur hourly pay and others charge 180$ upfront.... but never should you pay money for a job off of career builder or monster,....... ill post this blog off of fox 2 about the scam these companies are doing charging $180 upfront.... a company called EMPLOYMENT ONE posts jobsa on these online sites..... DONT DO IT

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats what its called, employment 1. so its a scam?

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
can you give me the basic version of what happens? i am glad i didnt go there today then, they seemed pretty pushy for me to get in there.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
call Manpower job service out of Maumee, Ohio there pretty good up there.. got a nephew that just went thru them in the toledo are for welding and is working with a good company making 14.50 to start.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I was placed in several contract or contract-to-hire positions when I was in the IT business. Never paid a dime...the employers always paid the headhunters.

Can't say that I've ever heard of a legit placement company that requires the hiree to pay.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,913 Posts
i've never heard of them chargin either..i can tell you this i'm on monster and i didn't pay anything for it..just made a account and posted a resume..that was that..speaking of which i got to update my phone number on there..i get emials every day from monster with jobs in my area for some of my many skills

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well thanks for saving my ass and money guys, i am sure glad i didnt spend the money or waste my time. thanks again!

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
I tried paying a service about 12 years or so ago. What a joke. They took my 150.00 and 'ran'. Gave me a bogus statement of where the money went... but of course, when I inquired as to what employers they contacted, they wouldn't divulge that info.

Save your money... It's a scam.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts