Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had success when dealing with cometic and their customer service. Here is the deal, I order a new set of MLX head gaskets for $260 and followed the directions and they leaked water with just turning on the water pump. So I call and talk to Sam their tech guy and told him I was thinking about taking them off and spraying them cause most people on here do and he said don't listen to guys on yellowbullet lol and retorque them. So I retorque them and guess what, still leak so I called him back and told him they still leak after re-torquing and a heat cycle and now he says spray them lol. I'm wondering if they will be alright to take off and spray them and put them back on since I can't get a response back from Scott their supervisor, I have been trying to get a hold of for three days, on trying to work out a solution, thanks.

·
Registered
22,805 Posts
He told you to spray them after he looked in our Tech Section...LOL

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol I know, I told him to Google cometic head gasket leak water and see how many reviews pop up. They told me to send mine back so they can inspect them and I said that wouldn't do any good cause brand new ones leak and they told me that they shouldn't, I even had my head and block just surfaced for those gaskets. They want me to send mine back and pay for another set and when they get mine back they will inspect them and if they are bad they will give me my money back but they don't understand the MLX leak when they are 100% perfect so I think I'm going to spray them and throw them back on since it looks like I'm screwed by installing them how they initially instructed lol.

·
asshole
4,146 Posts
whats the surface finish on the block and the heads?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty much smooth/mirror finish, I told the machine shop it needs to be a 50RA or finer and they said they new that. This is the MLX gasket not the MLS.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope 2 of the rivets are drilled out, third is outside of the block, I never had a problem with the MLS, but the MLX has a. 005 raised firing ring so I don't know if that's making a difference or not

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the responses and all of the inbox messages, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had this problem but I'm going to spray them then go from there, you guys are true customer service and techs

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually overnighted some fel-pro for backup gaskets for this weekends race and decided to put them on and they sealed and didn't leak water but I sprayed them too and I will just keep the cosmetics for backup and spray them thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts