Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm putting together a car for my wife to index race with and to get her feet wet in racing
Goal is to run 11.50 class ,

(street car) 98 mustang 4.6 with a c4 auto with an eaton supercharger
made 368 rwhp with stick now with c4 swap im guessing it will be around 340 ish
slicks and all solid rear suspension

weight 3000lb

didnt know if anyone had any combos with similar rwhp and weight , i have a gut feeling we may run short of the # as we all know the car in spring really should run an 11.30 -11.40 to have anything for the class
all above i know has a lot of variables

Thanks

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
You are describing a car that will be lucky to run low 12.0's.
That would be a good one to get her "feet wet"

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are describing a car that will be lucky to run low 12.0's.
That would be a good one to get her "feet wet"
we have a 12.50 class as well , and to your point i feel we maybe in the middle of the 2 . She has gone down the track in our older mustang and did the dragster pure speed rental and went 10.30s in a hardtail . She just never did any class racing

thanks

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
we have a 12.50 class as well , and to your point i feel we maybe in the middle of the 2 . She has gone down the track in our older mustang and did the dragster pure speed rental and went 10.30s in a hardtail . She just never did any class racing

thanks
It would probably be a competitive car in a 12.50 class.
Can then learn to cut great lights, run the middle and then play the stripe game.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would probably be a competitive car in a 12.50 class.
Can then learn to cut great lights, run the middle and then play the stripe game.
100% what i was thinking , i run 10.00 index and 10.50 my car goes 9.70's all out always better to be able to cut it back

we are going to build a 351 motor for this car at some point just using the street combo that we already had for now , i did c4 swap and rear suspension rear end with tubular k member this winter .

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
100% what i was thinking , i run 10.00 index and 10.50 my car goes 9.70's all out always better to be able to cut it back

we are going to build a 351 motor for this car at some point just using the street combo that we already had for now , i did c4 swap and rear suspension rear end with tubular k member this winter .
Sounds like you have a plan.
Having close to .5 in the bank goes a long way in this style of racing. It will be up to her to utilize it properly.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Are you sure on the weight? Is it stripped out or full interior? We had an '03 GT auto with premium interior and it weighed 3350lb with the spare removed. A few of my buddies also owned 94-98s and also new edges and the only guys around 3000lbs had the rear seats, rear carpeting and trunk linings removed.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you sure on the weight? Is it stripped out or full interior? We had an '03 GT auto with premium interior and it weighed 3350lb with the spare removed. A few of my buddies also owned 94-98s and also new edges and the only guys around 3000lbs had the rear seats, rear carpeting and trunk linings removed.
maybe less

has kirkey front seats ,rear seat delete, ac delete, tubular k member coilovers , airbags removed , tubular bumper supports and weld draglites with hoosier 25x4.5 front and 28x10.5. wife weighs 130lbs . has carpet no rear seat

the front power seats i prob saved 100lbs between the 2 damn those things are heavy lol
was 3320 on my long acre scales before we started any of the above

building it will plans of redoing a motor and ditching the 4.6
swap bell housing on the c4 and put a 351 in it at some point

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i will scale it and get an exact # but i know its a lot lighter , than when we started

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
maybe less

has kirkey front seats ,rear seat delete, ac delete, tubular k member coilovers , airbags removed , tubular bumper supports and weld draglites with hoosier 25x4.5 front and 28x10.5. wife weighs 130lbs . has carpet no rear seat

the front power seats i prob saved 100lbs between the 2 damn those things are heavy lol
was 3320 on my long acre scales before we started any of the above

building it will plans of redoing a motor and ditching the 4.6
swap bell housing on the c4 and put a 351 in it at some point
Yea, likely lighter than 3k then. Nice.
It probably can run some high 11s in the mid 110s then.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
finally weighed it
2868 with out driver
should be 3k with her in it

·
Registered
35,660 Posts
If it does indeed run low 12s it shouldn't be all that hard to jump it up to 11.50s, nor would it be all that expensive. This is one time where there's actually "a whole lot left in it", since 368 rwhp isn't exactly pushing a blown 4.6 to the max. Still, as mentioned, the goal is to acclimate your wife to be a competitive index racer, then worry about stepping up the performance later. Good luck to her.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my wifes car recently made 338 rwhp , but they said its showing less due to convertor being loose .
Odd we put a 3500-3800 stall in it and it flashes to 4500 range

3k lbs with her in car , 338rwhp loose convertor . Going to come down to if it can leave

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
So what brakes are you running on the front? I had to use 7/16 spacers to clear the stock brakes with draglites.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts