Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to turbos, (nitrous junky) and new to LS engines. I have started a new car to compete in a local stock block class and hoping I can get some help with the setup. I have a 93 Notch 2600# when it had a sbf and nitrous. Class weight is 3100 for turbo. I can go single 76mm or twin 62 (T3 only). I am looking at going with a 6.0 iron block if I ever find one and some tfs tea ported heads or mast heads. The class hasn't broke into the 4s yet but getting close and I'd like to be competitive. Anyone care to share some ideas? Thanks.

·
AMP Racing member
3,476 Posts
Are you allowed to use M1?

There are several builds like yours that would be competitive using a 76 and iron block. Have you posted in the LSX forum here? Lots of folks smarter then me in that section.

I’m essentially doing the same type build. Forced Inductions 76. Iron 370” with TFS245 heads. I’m using M1 and no IC.

Good luck with it!

·
AMP Racing member
3,476 Posts
EFI. Holley.
I’m using a ProFlo intake.

·
AMP Racing member
3,476 Posts
I may. Not sure yet. I also may just run one extra injector in the intake tube prior to the throttle body. I’ve read of some people doing this.

I’m using a belt drive mechanical fuel pump, so I’ll have plenty of fuel, but still unsure on the injector situation.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really want to run the twins if it's the quickest combination but would do nitrous or 76mm if that's what I need. I heard CSU had the blow through working good and I wanted to do m1 or e85 to eliminate the cooler and forego injection for now to save money and get on track sooner.

·
AMP Racing member
3,476 Posts
I really don’t know the right answer for twins vs single. However, I’d suggest a single simply for the opportunity to run other classes that limit to only one power adder.

Best of success to you!

·
Revolution Is My Name
20,381 Posts
I really want to run the twins if it's the quickest combination but would do nitrous or 76mm if that's what I need. I heard CSU had the blow through working good and I wanted to do m1 or e85 to eliminate the cooler and forego injection for now to save money and get on track sooner.
I spoke with CSU a couple of weeks ago. They have e85 carbs but are still working on the M1 program. I'm running a CSU gas carb and was looking to switch to M1.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I spoke with CSU a couple of weeks ago. They have e85 carbs but are still working on the M1 program. I'm running a CSU gas carb and was looking to switch to M1.
Oh I thought they done both. Good info thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts