Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
photobomber
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, who else had one of these?

Well, I just discovered I still have mine, and it works just like it did in 1978!

http://techweasel.blogsome.com/2010/05/17/nostalgia-win/

WARNING - do not follow the link if you are inclined to fits of nostalgia that lead to buying shit on eBay.

·
Got Woodgrain?
7,292 Posts
I had one, not sure what became of it though.

Its amazing how far technology has come.

Do you think any kid in this day and age would even touch that game?

·
photobomber
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know what's cool about it? The way the buttons have such a satisfying click. If you could even build one of these today, it would be with components that were built to the lowest possible build, and it would break after a week. This thing got used all the time - I'd play against my friends, handing it off with each change of possession, and we beat the crap out of it. You can't even tell, though. There's no apparent wear at all.

Sears catalog, 1979 - their rebadged version was $20 (about $58 in today's dollars)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I remember having some kind of football game, but i don't think it was this one. it looks close, but not exact. Mine is long gone :(

dennis

·
photobomber
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
thats the one i had ( above) .

there was also some sort of drag race game back then , it was larger and red i think -- anyone remember that one ?

·
Registered
16,355 Posts
Phucking awesome game!!! Couldn't read the printing on mine by the time I was done with it!

·
This amp goes to 11.
12,064 Posts
Yep- still have the Mattel football, basketball, auto race, and some sort of weird Tiger Electronics baseball game. I play 'em every once in a while. I also have an Intellivision- only one cartridge, though. It's getting very worn on the keypad.

·
Senior Frog
10,316 Posts
classic............the game came out when I was a kid(12-13 ish) ,pretty popular with the meat head football jocks on the school bus

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
still have mine and it still wrks mint! im brining it to work to show the young guys how to play football electronically old school....lol

·
Registered
463 Posts
I used to borrow my uncles for months at a time. Almost wore out my thumb prints when you got clear of the line. ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts