Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
other than ordering a set of moroso big block trick springs, what is out there? looking for some info on what has worked. footbrake 68 camaro 540 dart block alum heads etc. car is all steel all there. trying to keep from trying several sets. stock location spring and q-a1s. any help would be great!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i have a stock set in my car (stock bb app) its a ladderbar car though. they seem to work pretty well but i think coulduse a littlemore stored energy. theyve been in the car for 7 years now and 50% of the cars life isspent on the street. I wanted totry out sometricksprings aswell but know they dont live long.

anyone try the afco's?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i have moroso trick springs in it now,looking for a taller more light wieght spring for more stored energy. just seeing what has worked.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Best thing I ever did with my 67 stock susp camaro was to weigh the car, take the front end numbers and look at the Moroso website. Get the springs for your car and weight. It was a 540, dart 360's, glasshood, 30x10.5 goodyear and worked like a champ (on the street or track). Granted this was 10 +- years ago but it would hook. Good idea to repalce them every year or two, good news is they are only 100. Ofcourse you cant cut them until the settle or they will be too short. Thats the only spring out there I have ever found that is designed for stored energy (to that extreme) anyway. Good luck!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Do you want it to work like this?

If so, www.santhuffshocks.com for your springs. The 200 pounders would be just about right for your car. (I run the 180's but it sits LOW and you might not want it that low)

·
Registered
16,256 Posts
I have a Calvert spec'd suspension with Morosos up front. The only thing I can say is, they can sometimes require you to go through trial and error to get the car to sit how you want. I swear they ship 4 springs under 12 different part numbers (joke). I had to cut 1-1/4 coils out of mine to get the stance right. But weight transfer is great and I have 5-1/2" of travel. Mine is a n/a 23* sbc but the principle is the same. As stated above, weigh your car on a good 4 scale system to get it as close to correct as possible. And the Santhuffs are really nice too. He knows his stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts