Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car runs fine on motor.does anyone know if the load of nos could cause the coil to brake down.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Adding extra fuel in puts more strain on the coil and ignition system as it takes more energy to get the spark to jump the plug gap.
Play it save and start with a plug gap of approx 0.025 and see if that helps.
What ignition system are you presently running and where do you have the plugs gapped?

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
NOS can cause a huge voltage drop if you have a big system. Are you on just a battery, or using an older style alternator?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Have you ran the same N2O tuneup without issues before?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i have but with a different cam,conv combo.this cam is more of a spray cam.last year it actully made it down the track twice on nos.but befor that and after that it was popping.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
What alternator do you have? Do you know its output? How is it wired in?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its a mid sized gm 1 wire i dont know the amps the volts are about 13.5-14.5.the hot wire goes from the alt hot pole to the starter main battery wire back to the battery.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
What do the volts read when you on the spray? Do you have a kill switch?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no kill switch not sure about the volts no time to look at the gauge.im hooking my computer back up now.i have a data logger.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Here is what I think, and at this point it is only a guess. Need some more data to either confirm or unconfirm my idea/guess. But I see it a lot, not usually as pronounced as with your car. Unless you have like twin foggers or something like that. But I think when you engage your solenoids for the NOS it is cause the voltage to drop, which is causing the coil to break up. You could have a bad NOS solenoid, or just need a bigger alternator. Typically it is a bigger alternator. Hooking up your data logger will give you the information you need to determine if this is the answer to the problem.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
How much nitrous are you hitting it with and what is the tune up?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts