Yellow Bullet Forums banner

CNN: US Never Apologized or Admitted Shooting Down Iran Air Plane in 1988

1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Patrick60 
#1 ·
I was amazed to see this on CNN last night.

Erin Burnett reported on other passenger airliners that have been shot down, focusing on the 1988 shooting down of an Iranian passenger airliner by the US Navy, killing all 274 on board.

The US government worked hard to cover up the event and later to justify it. Vice President George H.W. Bush said before the UN:

“I will never apologize for the United States – I don’t care what the facts are.”

To this day, the US has still refused to apologize or to take responsibility for the deaths of 274 innocent people. Year later, the US agreed to pay $60 million to the families of the dead, without admitting responsibility.

Burnett compared the situation to the downing of Malaysia Airlines MH17 over Ukraine last week. She then interviewed presidential worshipper and former advisor David Gergen who admitted that it was “strikingly similar” to the MH17 events, but then tried to explain it was different because we were in the region to do good, unlike Putin’s involvement with events on Russia’s border.

The segment was an unusual one for CNN and especially for Erin Burnett, who rarely questions official US policy.

http://outfront.blogs.cnn.com/2014/07/24/mh17-not-the-first-plane-shot-down/

See less See more
#3 ·
That's why you won't see an all out, balls to the wall protest to what happened in Russia, or a demand of a complete explanation,...by the US.

#5 ·
Why should we apologize, Obama did it. Our country has the political memory and intellect of a pea pod. The righties demand Obama "do something" about a foreign plane in a foreign country or he is "weak" When our country does the same thing should other countries "do something" to us? I wager most of the screamers here didn't even know we shot down a plane:rolleyes:

#6 ·
Wrong...the US 'fessed up to the error immediately. The Vincennes was actively defending itself against attacks by small Iranian gunboats when the air defense system aboard the Vincennes (a newly deployed Aegis system) mis-identified the airplane as an Iranian F-14.

#7 ·
Oh, ye, of SHORT memories, and probably other things.

So you DO NOT remember we sent divers and retrieval equipment after the plane, and discovered ALL the passengers STILL strapped in their seats, and discovered the passengers were REALLY corpses that were dead LONG before the plane was shot down?

We should apologize for shooting down a plane full of dead bodies?

Shouldn't Iran apologize for the desecration of the DEAD? Or accusing the US of "killing" a plane full of people?

SCREW CNN.

#13 ·
Ahahaha exactly,So funny when the msm starts saying Putin is losing control ect or Putin is feeling the pressure ect ect

Kgb is not a bunch of soft pussy's, I'm not saying the US should go send troops or anything but damn how does the msm think Barry has a chance vs Putin?

The Saul alyinsky playbook has nothing for this....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.