Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I actually helped refine the G-code program from video 2 (The Cubic Machinery GTV).... that is my CNC on that. That program was created a few years ago, primarily for demo's in their showroom and tradeshows. I refined that particular program at the Westec tradeshow in LA last March.....

The Cubic Machinery CNC Turning Centers work well.... all customers are very happy with them !

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I run a Mazak MTV-120 long bed mill, vertical 4axis at work. 10' long table, 30 tool carasel cames in handy. I made the little logo in my avatar at my old job. Took a magazine picture and put it into the cam software and waaala. :)

·
Registered
3,066 Posts

Part I did at my old job when I was learning EZ-Cam programing. (118) #4-40 holes per part. 78" long.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
www.ezcam.com

the Mill Pro is what I used. Just about any CNC can use the software as long as you have a RS232 port, USB, or Floppy drive. If you buy the whole package Mill and lathe + post processors and DNC, its around $5k.

I learned it in about 2months.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts

Part I did at my old job when I was learning EZ-Cam programing. (118) #4-40 holes per part. 78" long.
supposed to say 118 #4-40 taped holes per part.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Damn it Jeff were are my lug nut spacers and carb regulator mount?

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Hey guys, allow me to ask a couple dumb questions...

- I've done some small parts with BobCAD, just fairly simple 3-axis stuff. Had a LOT of problems with it not working properly. The reason I used BC was due to their having a no-cost trial version. What would you guys recommend as an alternative to learn?

- How do you set up parabolic or hyberbolic curves in a drawing? Not everything can be done with simple radiusing.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sean, Here's the pkg I'm ordering minus computer and adding the lathe which serves as the 4th axis. Total is right at $16,500.00

Complete PCNC Package

PCNC 1100 Mill

Deluxe Machine Stand

Lifting Bar

Machine Arm

Tool Tray for Machine Arm

4th Axis 8" Table

4th Axis Tailstock 8"

3 Jaw Chuck 8"

4 Jaw Chuck 8"

5C Collet Adaptor

MT3 Collet & Drawbolt