Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
$200 per set, see details below.

So, after some prodding by some folks here and elsewhere, I've decided to see if we can get enough sets of AN wrench sets pre-sold to make investing in a small, relatively inexpensive CNC router a worthwhile purchase. A simple, cheap, table-top router with a 24"x24" cutting surface costs anywhere from $2000 to $3500 and should do the task with relative ease.

After looking into the cost of paying someone to machine sets for me, versus the cost of doing them in-house, I can definitely save a lot of money by doing them in-house after the initial investment of the CNC router.

So, all that being said, I am now offering a Pre-Sale of 8-piece AN wrench sets for $200 per set. Sets will consist of a 3AN, 4AN, 6AN, 8AN, 10AN, 12AN, 16AN, and a 20AN wrench. They will look like the wrench sets pictured below that another company was offering, but no longer does, aside from the fact that our wrenches will have a hanging hole on them and a mark denoting the size on the wrench near the head.

We will move forward with the project as soon as I can get 10 sets spoken for. Once I do, then I'll begin collecting money from anyone who's asked for a set. Lead time will be determined by how long it takes for me to get a CNC router delivered from the time of order, plus setup and programming the original design. From what I understand, it takes about 6-8 weeks to get the type of router I have my eye on.

Just so things don't get confusing, I'll be deleting the other thread.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a pic of a wrench set that was previously offered, but the company is no longer in business. Ours will look similar, but will have a hanging hole in the handle and will have the size marked near the head.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HHHhhmmmmm.

what table ya lookin at?

Plasmacam? Tourchmate? ? ?
Looking at a hobbyist table. It isn't anything professional or special. Just a basic setup that I can learn on. To get a professional table, we're looking at a starting price of $7000, and all the way up to $20-30k with options and upgrades. I'm just not prepared to make an investment like that, at this point.

·
Unbanned
20,478 Posts
A good set of Alu AN wrenches are over $100.

these are only a fraction more and would be a little more scratch resistant than a Alu wrench.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 20 of 231 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.