Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a vendor that will cnc a 4.3 cast iron head off a 91 syclone gmc. I want to keep it matching numbers so swapping to the vortec heads is not of any interest to me.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
im looking for a vendor that will cnc a 4.3 cast iron head off a 91 syclone gmc. I want to keep it matching numbers so swapping to the vortec heads is not of any interest to me.
How about running some Vortech heads and putting the stock ones on the shelf? If you ever want to sell it at Barret Jackson you can swap the stock ones back on.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
How about running some Vortech heads and putting the stock ones on the shelf? If you ever want to sell it at Barret Jackson you can swap the stock ones back on.
Because the intake won't fit vortech heads without serious welding and machining. He could buy another intake that is modded, but it adds up Unnecessary cost.

Look at Qbnklr(sp?) Alex's first work with the l-35's. He put down stupid numbers. Change that pos intake out of the truck, port the l-35's to the max, put on the victor jr intake and a elbow with some fuel rails. 10's are possible with enough meth.

This is probably not what you want(won't look stock) but can be changed back. The heart shaped combustion chamber is better than l-35's but the intake is the weak link here with it's shitty air distribution.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah yea maybe ill shelf the heads and intake and go vortech with a edelbroch intake. does that all fit under the stock hood?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Run correct intake.....put stock one on shelf.:D
Yep x100. and why ruin suppose high value original heads which are pure garbage by the way with a cnc port program? Doesnt make those garbage castings worth squat when you go sell the truck anyway. Cause it aint original anyway.

·
Registered
967 Posts
hope you don't mind me high jacking your thread a little but I got a syclone and wanting to put down about 400-500 hp, any thoughts on combo to make this happen?

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
hope you don't mind me high jacking your thread a little but I got a syclone and wanting to put down about 400-500 hp, any thoughts on combo to make this happen?

LS

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
forged rotating assembly and vortec heads. obviously a bigger turbo. i think the blocks split in half at the 650-700hp level.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Yep x100. and why ruin suppose high value original heads which are pure garbage by the way with a cnc port program? Doesnt make those garbage castings worth squat when you go sell the truck anyway. Cause it aint original anyway.
I'm thinking if I wanted to keep something original I would yank the entire motor and seal it up. Then build a fresh motor with the goodies and drop that in. Or not mess with it at all.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts

Or a Ford EcoBoost 3.5L TT.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
It's the only combo bringing any money for these trucks now a days, unless absolutely perfect and ultra low mile or one of the factory "special" trucks.

forged rotating assembly and vortec heads. obviously a bigger turbo. i think the blocks split in half at the 650-700hp level.
Alex has had his truck near 1000 hp. Now he is sbc. Block was not the issue. There just isn't a lot of aftermarket support with the 4.3 in serious applications. Sure, bowtie blocks and heads, circle track stuff, but not all of it fits together. You will spend 4x as much and could still be unreliable. You really have to know what you are doing with the used aftermarket parts.

What are your goals with the truck? That is the FIRST question.

·
Registered
53 Posts
try castheads.com give them a call and ask for randy he should be able to help you.I know he does some trick stuff to vortect heads for round track guys

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Run l-35's, get a real intake, get a real cam, put on a good turbo/downpipe on it, throw big injectors on it, and meth the fuck out of it. Notice I said nothing about intercooler. Oh yeah, the most important thing of all. A fucking good tune.

I know guys have done alright with the stock ecu, but it's still a turd. Batch fire junk. Bs3 or Holley. Get real or go home. These pos' are not cheap or reliable. Stock with some add ons, like meth and a good downpipe with waste gate puck removed, or get shit done for real. Your call: spend little and be slow, or spend real money and be quick. Or just go ls and be real quick. Don't forget that goes with an 80e too. Stockish is best for a budget, I'll sell you a stock intercooler plumbed for meth.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Pm me if you want my number and can answer questions that you have easily. I owned a Ty and still own a Sy.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Run l-35's, get a real intake, get a real cam, put on a good turbo/downpipe on it, throw big injectors on it, and meth the fuck out of it. Notice I said nothing about intercooler. Oh yeah, the most important thing of all. A fucking good tune.

I know guys have done alright with the stock ecu, but it's still a turd. Batch fire junk. Bs3 or Holley. Get real or go home. These pos' are not cheap or reliable. Stock with some add ons, like meth and a good downpipe with waste gate puck removed, or get shit done for real. Your call: spend little and be slow, or spend real money and be quick. Or just go ls and be real quick. Don't forget that goes with an 80e too. Stockish is best for a budget, I'll sell you a stock intercooler plumbed for meth.

well I have a 432cu lsx with a 106mm on alky and 30psi of boost so id say im serious.. I want to keep this truck original. just looking go clean it up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts